- Spend a fascinating full or half-day exploring Christchurch's exciting island escape.
- Named after the now extinct native Quail (koreke) by Captain William Mein Smith, the island was originally used as a quarantine station and as a small leprosy colony by the early European settlers.
- Today the focus is on restoring native vegetation and the island is home to many native flora and fauna as well as native birds.
- During your time on the island you may be lucky enough to spot a fantail, kingfisher, silvereye and many other sea birds including the rare white flippered little blue penguins.
- Take a picnic, some togs, a camera and get ready to enjoy an awesome adventure.
- Find out more info here.
Grab a Quail Island return trip from Black Cat Crusies.
Choose from two options:
- $15 for an adult
- $7.50 for a child