- Tuning Fork is proud to present Larkin Poe, the American Blues-Rock band who will be performing their gritty, soulful, southern heritage in Auckland this April.
- Rebecca and Megan Lovell, the multi-instrumentalist sister duo are descendants of tortured artist and creative genius Edgar Alan Poe and ‘Larkin Poe’ was the name of the sisters’ great-great-great-grandfather.
- The new album Venom & Faith only includes two covers— “Sometimes” by Bessie Jones and “Hard Time Killing Floor Blues” by Skip James.
- Otherwise it is all original material from the Lovell sisters. Two singles, the no-nonsense “Bleach Blonde Bottle Blues” and the hip-hop-influenced “Ain’t Gonna Cry”.
- Creating their own brand of Roots Rock ‘n’ Roll: gritty, soulful, and flavoured by their southern heritage, Larkin Poe are on the rise and rise.
Grab a ticket to Larkin Po at The Powerstation for $49 from Live Nation.