- Rotorua's legacy about the Smith family's passion to restore, preserve and showcase the birthplace of NZ tourism.
- Sharing stories of human resilience, tragedy and heroism of Māori and European settlers following the fateful 1886 eruption of Mt. Tawawera, destroying the world famous Pink & White Terraces.
- Witness for yourself the raw power of this cataclysmic event found within the village ruins and archaeological digs.
- You'll get admission to the world-class Te Wairoa Museum, the archaeological village sites and Wairere Falls and trail.
- Alternatively, you can join in on the guide talks which happen every half an hour between 10.00am - 3.00pm, where you'll learn everything from the comfort of the Te Wairoa Museum.
Grab a family of five entry to The Buried Village for $55 from Te Wairoa The Buried Village.