*Valid for new customers only.
Valid for travel dates:
- Monday 13 December 2021 - 8 spaces available
- Sunday 9 January 2022 - 6 spaces available
- Saturday 15th January 2022 - 2 spaces available
- Sunday 27 February 2022 - 0 spaces available
- Friday 8 April 2022 - 2 spaces available
- Sunday 10 April 2022 - 2 spaces available
Day 1: Nelson/Motueka to Awaroa via Totaranui
Take a scenic drive through the coastal orchard and vineyards lining the highway from Nelson to Motueka and Kaiteriteri.
Board the comfortable Vista Cruise to travel the length of the golden Abel Tasman coast from Kaiteriteri north to Totaranui, relaxing on the viewing decks and enjoying refreshments from the cafe.
From Totaranui, walk through mature native forest and along secluded beaches to the breathtaking expanse of Awaroa Inlet where you’ll reach Meadowbank Homestead – a faithful recreation of the Wilson family's original home on the ‘finest site in the bay’.
- Accommodation: Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa
- Meals included: lunch, afternoon tea, dinner
- Scenic drive to Kaiteriteri – 1 hour from Nelson, or 20 mins from Motueka
- Cruise Kaiteriteri to Totaranui – 1 hour 40 mins
- Walk Totaranui to Awaroa – 2.5 hours (7km/4.5 miles) including tidal crossing; maximum elevation 100m/340ft
- *Early times apply to Wednesday departures and all trips during our shoulder season (before December 20 and after 31 March)
- Pick up in Nelson: from 10.15am (from *7.00am)
- Pick in Motueka: from 11.15am (from *8.15am)
- If you are self-driving please meet at our office by 11.30am (*8.15am)
- 11.30am (*8.30)am: Meet your guide at the Motueka office for a welcome briefing with time for last-minute luggage organisation, before departing to Kaiteriteri by coach
- 1.00pm (*9.20am): Vista Cruise departs Kaiteriteri
- 2.40pm (*11.20am): Arrive Totaranui
- From Totaranui, through native forest and golden beaches to the Awaroa Inlet. Continue the walk across the inlet if the tide is out, or take a boat ride across the stunning expanse of the largest inlet on the coast
- 5.00pm (approx.): Enjoy a warm welcome at Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa, right on the edge of the inlet. Freshen up with a hot shower in your ensuite room while your hosts prepare a delicious evening meal. Local beer and wine is available for purchase at our in-house bar
Day 2: Awaroa to Torrent Bay
Wake to breakfast overlooking Meadowbank’s gardens and the waters of Abel Tasman’s largest tidal estuary. Walk over a forested saddle to Onetahuti where your guide will settle you into your stable, double kayak with full instructions and safety briefing. You’ll then kayak through Tonga Island Marine Reserve and explore hidden inlets on the way to Torrent Bay.
- Accommodation: Torrent Bay Lodge
- Meals included: breakfast, morning & afternoon tea, lunch, dinner
- Walk from Awaroa to Onetahuti – 1.5 hours (5km/3 miles); max. elevation 85m/280ft
- Sea kayak from Onetahuti to Torrent Bay – 4 hours (10km/6 miles)
- 9.30am: Depart Awaroa for the scenic walk to Onetahuti, which features a beautiful boardwalk and bridge designed by local iwi (Maori tribe). Stroll along the golden sands and enjoy refreshments supplied by your guide.
- 11am: After instructions and safety brief, your guide will lead the way to Tonga Island Marine Reserve. Weather permitting, kayak to the seal colony where New Zealand fur seals breed. Floating on clear, turquoise waters paddle past Tonga Quarry and the Tonga Arches, where your guide will share stories about the unusual granite features and relics from the historic quarry.
- 12pm (noon): Stop for lunch at sheltered Bark Bay, where you can take time out to explore, swim or relax on the golden sand. After lunch, continue beach hopping along the coast with picture-postcard views, including the Falls River and Frenchman’s Bay.
- 4.30pm (approx.): Paddle into beautiful Torrent Bay with its village of beachfront holiday houses including our Torrent Bay Lodge where your ensuite room and evening meal awaits.
Day 3: Torrent Bay to Kaiteriteri/Motueka/Nelson
Wake up to morning light on the golden sands of Torrent Bay and a hearty breakfast to set you up for paddling to Te Pukatea Bay and past the islands of the Astrolabe Roadstead to Kaiteriteri.
- Meals included: breakfast, morning tea, lunch
- Sea kayak from Torrent Bay to Kaiteriteri – 4.5 hours (12km)
- Scenic drive from Kaiteriteri – 20 mins to Motueka or 1 hour to Nelson
- 9.30am: Launch your kayak from Torrent Bay and paddle southwards along the coast while your guide shares stories of early explorers, shows you bays and beaches, and introduces you to the predator-free wildlife sanctuary of Adele Island. If the wind is with you, you may get to hoist a specially designed sail to ride the sea breeze.
- 12 (noon): Stop for lunch and a rest at a sheltered beach, then continue your journey through azure waters to the famous Kaiteriteri beach.
- 3.30pm: Arrive at Kaiteriteri where our driver meets you for the return journey to Motueka and Nelson.
- 4pm: Arrive Motueka.
- 5.30–6pm: Arrive Nelson.
- Please confirm times with the merchant before you book connecting airline flights.
- The direction of this trip may be reversed on some departures with earlier pick up in Nelson (7.15–7.40am) and Motueka (8.15am) for Vista Cruise departure from Kaiteriteri at 9.20am.
- The earlier pick-up applies to most Wednesday departures and all departures after NZ Daylight Saving ends at the beginning of April.
- If Start/Finish times don't suit your itinerary, please contact the merchant to make alternative arrangements. All their itineraries can be flexible to accommodate your needs or schedule.
Other important information:
- Kayaking and walking each day is optional. You are welcome to travel on any of the scheduled ferry services. This flexibility is ideal for couples of groups with different interests and abilities.
- The 3 Day Guided Walk runs at the same time as the 3 Day Kayak & Walk so members of your traveling party can book different options, meeting up at the Lodges in the evening.
- The merchant reserve the right to alter itineraries, timetables and vessel types.
About Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park:
Wilsons Abel Tasman three-day walk takes in all the wonderful scenic sights along the shoreline - everywhere you look there are attention-grabbing views. Travelling on the Abel Tasman Voyager, you'll be doing it in style and comfort. State of the art, it is specially designed for the needs of passengers. Experience the Abel Tasman from the best of both worlds - boat and by foot.
Valid from Nov 12, 2021
Expires Apr 4, 2022
In line with the government’s traffic light system, Covid-19 vaccination certificates may be required for guests aged over 12 years. For more information on covid traffic light system please refer to https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/
Bookings essential. Subject to availability. Valid for travel start date stipulated on coupon only. Not valid on public holidays. Valid for new customers only. Must be used in one visit. Deal valid for one person on a twin share basis i.e. two vouchers must be purchased at this price. Solo travellers will be charged an additional 50% of the price which is payable direct to Wilsons Abel Tasman. Valid for a three-day all-inclusive Abel Tasman Self Guided Walk. Double rooms confirmed subject to availability. Includes: Vista Cruise, Bag transfers, Beachfront lodge accommodation, Private en-suite rooms including hot showers, All meals, Expert hosts. Their new Booking Assurance allows you to plan your holiday with the flexibility to change date or place your booking on hold, if Government Imposed Travel Restrictions impact your travel. Or if that doesn’t suit, a full refund of your booking on cancellation. Value of deal is based on current rates, which are subject to change. While stocks last. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.