- Start: 6.30am from Queenstown central hotels or Base Backpackers Shotover St.
- Duration: full day 12-hour tour
- Fully guided small group return tour from Queenstown (maximum 16 passengers)
- Hotel pickups and drop-offs (specified hotels and points only)
- Regional Highlights Tour including Kawarau Gorge and Suspension Bridge, Lindis Pass, the Southern Alps, Lake Pukaki, The Hermitage, and The Salmon Farm
- Aoraki/Mt Cook Village Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On-screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- WiFi and charging ports available in the vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable 11 or 16 seater minibuses
At 3724m, Aoraki/Mt Cook is New Zealand’s highest peak, however, the mountain can be viewed without any acclimatisation whatsoever from nearby Aoraki/Mt Cook village which is just 750m above sea level, making this fully guided, small-group day tour perfect for all fitness levels.
Your guided tour begins with hotel pick-ups in Queenstown (selected pick up points only). You will then make your way through the stunning Kawarau Gorge, Cromwell and the quaint township of Omarama, where you'll have the option to taste the best creamy chicken pie in NZ (in their opinion)! You will then climb up through Lindis Pass, one of only three alpine roads through the otherwise impassable Southern Alps.
Your next stop is Lake Pukaki, one of the bluest lakes you will ever see, framed by the backdrop of Aoraki/Mt Cook and the Southern Alps. You will also see the location of several scenes from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Arriving at the alpine village of Aoraki/Mt Cook and The Hermitage (home of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre) you then have 4 hours to explore many of the village’s popular activities and attractions including:
- Hikes and walks (free): Multiple walks in the area, from the Tasman glacier lake short walk to the 3-hour Hooker Valley Track. They can drop you off at and pick you up from the start of the walks if you don’t want the added distance and time required if starting from the Hermitage. Their guides are well-versed in the local tracks and are more than happy to help you choose the right walk or track for you.
- Heli-Hiking: additional $585 per person (Minimum age 10 years)
- Scenic Heli-Flight - Glacier Encounter: additional $380 per person
- Ultimate Alpine Experience - Heli flight one way/ Ski plane one way with Glacier Landing in between: additional $399 per person
- The Grand Circle - 55 min Scenic Flight: additional $599
- Whatever you choose to do, whether relaxed or adventurous you will have four hours to enjoy the simply outstanding region of Aoraki/Mt Cook, and we’ll transport you to wherever you want to go.
At the end of the day, you will farewell Aoraki/Mt Cook Village and make your way back to Queenstown for hotel drop-offs. On the way, they stop in at High Country Salmon, a local salmon farm, where you can feed the fish and taste some of the freshest salmon in New Zealand, selecting from the farm’s fresh salmon-based menu.
Choose Cheeky Kiwi, the small-group tour specialists for an enjoyable, informative, and above all, unforgettable experience of the majestic Aoraki/Mt Cook and the surrounding region. Their tours are never just about the destination; the journey matters too and this is one journey you won’t want to miss!
About Altar Travel Limited:
Altar Travel is an exciting, unique and trusted faith based travel brand with a proven travel record, created to meet the need for a more personal travel management service.
At Altar Travel they are all about building lasting relationships and memorable travel experiences with their valued customers. To achieve and exceed your expectations they collaborate with the best in the travel industry to meet each individual travel requirement.
They unpack your travel needs so they understand what you want ensuring your travel arrangements are organised professionally, securely and at a competitive price point in today’s travel market.
They specialise in all facets of travel from tailor made leisure holidays travel for individuals, couples and families to co-ordinating groups, including missions travel & faith based and business travel.
Valid from Sep 7, 2020
Expires Dec 21, 2020
Limit: 5 per user and 5 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Subject to availability. Starts at 6.30am from Queenstown central hotels or Base Backpackers Shotover St. Full day 12 hour tour. Must be used in one visit. Valid for the inclusions and option stipulated on coupon only. Pick up and drop offs to be organised whilst booking. Child is aged 5-14 years old. Infant is ages 0-4 years old. Tour Inclusions: Fully guided small group return tour from Queenstown (maximum 16 passengers), Hotel pickups and drop-offs (specified hotels and points only), Regional Highlights Tour including Kawarau Gorge and Suspension Bridge, Lindis Pass, the Southern Alps, Lake Pukaki, The Hermitage, and The Salmon Farm, Aoraki/Mt Cook Village Highlights Tour, Refreshments and snacks whilst driving, On-screen entertainment during the drive, Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos, WiFi and charging ports available in the vehicle, snd Transport in modern and comfortable 11 or 16 seater minibuses. Not valid on public holidays. No refunds unless required by law. While stocks last. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.