- Departs from Taumarunui Base at 9 Hakiaha Street most days at 12.00pm. Please check the booking calendar for available times as they are subject to change.
You will be shuttled out to your waiting rail cart before setting off down the line along 16km of the Forgotten World Railway from the Taumarunui end. Travel through 5 tunnels, including the longest tunnel (1.5km), and the beautiful hand-built brick tunnels. Enjoy the 32km out and back trip, cruising through stunning hill country farms and native bush.
A drink and some lovely home baking is provided at the turn around point. (You are also welcome to bring a picnic or extra snacks with you).
Included in Your Day:
- Shuttles to/from the Taumarunui Base to the RailCarts at Okahukura
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Your RailCart
Please note: The RailCarts are very easy to drive with a simple accelerator pedal and brake. If you feel uncomfortable about driving and there is no-one in your party who would like to drive then please give Forgotten World Adventures a call when you make your booking and they can discuss several options.
Suggested Things to Bring:
- Sunglasses, Camera, Binoculars
- Water and extra snacks if required
- Any personal medications required - especially allergy medications. (This is a rural environment with insects and pollens)
- Warm thermal/merino clothing, including hat, scarf and gloves
- Sturdy footwear (no jandals) with warm socks
- Warm windproof jacket with hood even in fine weather
- 100% Rainproof coat and over-trousers if rain is predicted
About Forgotten World Adventures:
Ian, farmer, former Waikato Regional Councillor, keen outdoorsman and dedicated entrepreneur, recognised the gem that the rail line was. Following a comprehensive process of investigation, innovation and design and help from expert engineers the Forgotten World rail carts were created.
With a plan in place, including cutting-edge safety systems, the lease was secured from Kiwi Rail. Forgotten World Adventure was real, giving visitors the exciting opportunity to self-drive along the 142km of heritage rail tracks during the summer season of October through to May (with some shorter winter tours available by arrangement), immersed in the remote and stunning New Zealand landscape.
Valid from Jun 1, 2018
Expires Aug 31, 2018
Limit: 2 per user and 2 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Subject to availability. Please call 0800 724 52278 to make your booking. If you feel uncomfortable about driving and there is no-one in your party who would like to drive then please let the merchant know when you make your booking and you can discuss several alternative options. Under 3 is free, 3 – 15 is considered a child and 16+ is considered an adult. A family pass is 2 adults and 2 children. Layered clothing with a good wind/rain jacket or shell is ideal as it can be cool in the tunnels. 24-hour cancellation policy applies or coupon is void. Not valid on public holidays. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.