- 10.00am, 12.00pm and 2.00pm (10am and noon are beginners times - advanced snorkellers only at 2pm)
- Valid Thursday - Sunday
How the day works:
- You will meet at Goat Island Dive and Snorkel Center. Here, the friendly staff will get you kitted up with a mask, snorkel, fins and a wetsuit
- You will then drive in your own vehicle 3km to the Goat Island Marine Reserve. Here you will meet with your Snorkel Instructor.
- The experience starts with an introduction to using the equipment and some snorkel techniques and basic learning to swim. They share the history of Goat Island and introduce you to the marine life you are likely to meet at New Zealand's first marine reserve.
- You'll all make your way to the water, and finalise your equipment. You will stay shallow and get used to the equipment and the strange sensation of breathing while looking underwater. Once everyone is feeling confident and comfortable we will make our way out and continue our adventure.
- No Swimming abilities are required for the beginner session. The advance session are for people who have snorkelled before. If unsure if you’re a beginner or advanced, please give them a call to discuss.
- Check your text messages and answer phone on the day as they may have tried to contact you to cancel the activity
- Like them on Facebook for daily weather updates.
- They have a 24-hour cancellation policy, please notify them of any cancellation prior to this time. No show or late cancellation, your voucher will be voided.
- Your safety is their highest priority, if they cancel due to a weather call made by them you can re book for another time and date.
- Please bring along swimwear, towel, sunscreen, something warm to put on afterwards and a snack or two.
- There are no food outlets down at the Reserve, drinks and snacks can be purchased at their store.
About Goat Island Dive & Snorkel:
A company specialising in guided underwater tours of one of the country's richest marine areas, Goat Island Dive & Snorkel is the perfect place to start your adventure under the sea. From snorkel hire to dive experiences and dive trips, their friendly team will give you all you need to start enjoying the wonders of Tangaroa, no matter whether you're an absolute newbie or a seasoned expert. Located on the Matakana Coast, you'll find them just out of Leigh - it's just a brief and enjoyable drive from Auckland Central, but once you're underwater, you'll feel worlds away.
Valid from Mar 22, 2018
Expires May 13, 2018
Limit: 3 per user and 3 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Subject to availability and weather conditions. Maximum 10 people per trip. Valid Thursday to Sunday and every public holiday and everyday in the school holidays. Beginner snorkels at 10.00am and 12.00pm, advanced snorkels at 2.00pm. Must be used in 1 visit. 6-12 year olds must be accompanied by an adult. Includes equipment hire (wetsuit, mask, snorkel, flippers). If you wish to keep your equipment for the rest of the day there is an additional cost of $10 per person, payable direct. Underwater camera available for an additional cost of $30. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.