- Grab a group of mates and get snorkelling in the beautiful marine reserve.
- They provide clean masks, snorkel, fins and wet suits so you can safely swim above the marine life, fish, reefs and kelp forests – and if you’re lucky, you may even see one of the reserve’s two famous snappers!
- Both snappers are over one metre long and go by the names Monkey Face and Charlie Lip respectively … you’ll know when you see them!
- It’s okay if you’ve never snorkelled before – but you MUST be able to swim to hire snorkel gear.
- Their team will ask questions to assess your competence in the water and to see if there are any physical limitations that would prevent you from safely snorkelling in the reserve.
- They will fit you with the proper gear and explain how to use the mask, snorkel and fins.
- Team members will also detail their swimming boundaries (set for your safety) and give advice on where to see the best marine life.
- Safety equipment is provided at no charge.
Grab all day hire for snorkelling from Goat Island NZ Glass Bottom Boat Tours Kayak & Snorkel Hire.