- The first electric boats for hire in NZ, right in the heart of KeriKeri in Northland. Absolutely perfect for someone who already has everything. It is brand new and nobody has done this in NZ before!
- Silent electric propulsion allows you to relax, get up close to wildlife and even hold a conversation with people in another boat without raising your voice.
- A range of different sizes and types of boats to suit couples, families, corporate groups and elderly people. Large groups can take multiple boats.
- Easy to steer the boat yourself, no license is required and the brand new boat "Akaroa" has been specially designed and built in France to be particularly easy for beginners to drive.
- You can choose from two start locations for your trip, which will involve exploring the winding river amongst interesting boats, wildlife, historic landmarks and scenery. Around every bend in the river a new vista opens up.
- Why not combine your hire with a visit to the historic Stone Store basin? There you'll find a waterside Cafe and a Pub from which you can watch the electric boats, a Museum, a traditional Maori village, a viewpoint up on the historic Kororipo Pa and a number of scenic walks to choose from, leading you to stunning waterfalls and swimming holes in the river.
Grab a Catamaran boat hire from The New Zealand Electric Boat Co.
Choose from six options:
- $78 for 1 Hour on the Catamaran Boat for 4 - Departing Waipapa Landing
- $109 for 1 Hour on the Catamaran Boat for 4 - Departing Stone Store Wharf
- $139 for 2 Hours on the Catamaran Boat for 4 People
- $199 for 1 Hour on the Akaroa Boat for 7 People
- $329 for 4 Hours on the Akaroa Boat for 7 People or Solary Boat for 6 People
- $447 for 3 Hours for Akaroa & Solarly Boats for 3 hours (Total Capacity 13 People)