- Grab the lesson option and start off with beach theory, an in-depth discussion on all things surf such as wave conditions, wind conditions, safety, surfing etiquette and so forth. You'll feel like a pro surfer before you even hit the waves with all the gear and the right expectations.
- Opt for the two-hour group session to ride the swells with your mates, with intimate groups of up to five people per lesson.
- With Piha Surf Academy's dynamic approach to coaching, you'll definitely get the best start to all things surf, and you'll hang loose in no time.
- If you'd prefer to start your surfing journey in private, opt for the 1.5-hour option for one on one guidance. If your a confident surfer feel free to skip the lesson and opt for just equipment hire.
- With a wide range of surf equipment available for hire, you can get the most out of your time at Piha and hire a wetsuit and board without any heavy lifting.
Grab a learn to surf group lesson with Surfboard and wetsuit hire from Piha Surf Academy.
Choose from seven options:
- $45 for two-hour group lesson including equipment hire for one
- $85 for two-hour group lesson including equipment hire for two
- $80 for a 1.5-hour private lesson for one person including equipment hire for one
- $150 for a 1.5-hour private lesson for two people including equipment hire for two
- $28 for a three-hour surfboard hire
- $35 for a three-hour wetsuit and surfboard hire
- $10 for a three-hour wetsuit hire