Crater Lakes Flight Package Includes:
- 15-minute Crater Lakes scenic flight
- 2-Hour Lake Rotoiti natural hot pools experience
Crater Lakes Scenic Flight Itinerary:
- Departing from our city-centre lakefront floatplane pier, experience the thrill of a floatplane take off before climbing above Mokoia Island on track to discover our hidden lakes district
- Climbing over our eastern ridgeline our terrain reveals the lakes of Okataina, Tarawera, Okareka, Rotokakahi (Green Lake) and Tikitapu (Blue Lake). These stunning crater lakes are surrounded by native forests and pastoral lands, hidden from the city by our volcanic terrain. Only an aerial perspective reveals the true beauty of this region
- Returning to the lakefront our descent takes us over the Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley, Pohutu Geyser then across the Rotorua City before landing back at Lake Rotorua
2-Hour Lake Rotoiti Natural Hot Pools Experience Itinerary:
- Landing on the lake you will taxi to the pier where you disembark: your Eden awaiting
- Only accessible by water, the hot pools are in a secluded bay on the shores of Lake Rotoiti
- Seemingly disconnected from the world, this is where you will spend approximately 90 minutes, with your only concerns being which pool to experience next
- Take your time soaking, cooling off in the lake, resting on a lounger and repeat at will before returning to your floatplane with scenic views of Rotorua City and Sulphur Bay
About Volcanic Air:
Conveniently located at downtown Rotorua City Lakefront, Volcanic Air offers scenic flights and tours in both Helicopters and Floatplanes. Tours include White Island (active volcano) and Mount Tarawera (volcano), the vibrant geothermal reserves and the stunning Rotorua lakes district. Whether flying over or landing on unique volcanoes, there is a combination to suit everyone’s taste, timeframe and budget.
Valid from May 21, 2022
Expires Sep 30, 2022
Limit: 10 per user and 10 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Phone (07) 348 9984 to book. Subject to availability. Redeem at Lakefront Drive (Rotorua Lakefront), Rotorua. Subject to availability, minimum passenger numbers and weather conditions. Minimum of two adult passengers are required for this flight. Enquire direct to confirm bookings. Volcanic Air reserves the right to postpone or cancel a flight due to weather or other circumstances. If the flight is cancelled due to weather, the flight will be re-booked to another suitable day. Flights are on a shared basis. Provide coupon code upon booking. Deal includes 15-minute scenic flight and 2-hour natural hot pools experience. Bathing suit and towel are essential. Only small backpacks are permitted onboard the floatplane. Guests are welcome to bring a camera. A full safety briefing, as well as safety equipment, will be provided at the Volcanic Air base. All passengers will be required to be weighed in order to ensure proper weight distribution in the aircraft. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your flight. Must be used in 1 visit. Voucher is void if voucher holder cancels within 48 hours of flight or no-shows. Can take an additional child for an additional cost or under 2 years old for free. As per New Zealand law, Volcanic Air requires individual weights at the time of booking. If an individual passenger weight exceeds 110kgs a surcharge may apply. Any passenger exceeding 135kgs as weighted by Volcanic Air will be required to pay two adult fares. Valid on public holidays. While stocks last. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.