- Immerse yourself in New Zealand's unique and refreshing nature with this one-hour treetop walk that will have you submerged in and amongst the native trees and birds of Aotearoa.
- Or snap up a 2-hour experience with the brand-new Tower Zipline and Walkway Combo!
- Thrill seekers will feel their hearts pump and the adrenalin rush as they climb to the top of Hokitika Tower 40 metres above the forest floor. Be inspired by a sensational vista of the majestic snow-capped Southern Alps and the Tasman Sea.
- Black swans, grey and mallard ducks are all common on the lake, while the rare bittern and seasonal white herons can occasionally be seen.
- Flax and rushes dominate the vegetation on the lake edge providing sheltered sites for swans and the ducks to breed. The shy fern bird can also at times be heard and sometimes seen flitting amongst these swampy areas.
- The surrounding bush is a mix of podocarps and hardwood species such as miro, matai, totara, rimu and kahikatea closer to the lake, with sub-canopy species such as kamahi, mahoe and quintinia being common. These tree species provide an important seasonal food supply for some of the birds found here; tui, bellbird, and pigeon.
- $25.20 for Adult Walkway Pass
- $12.60 for Child Walkway Pass