- Get behind the locked gates and stand in the footsteps of the actors surrounded by the stunning scenery of Middle-earth
- Use Official Lord of the Rings replica swords and wear a limited edition Gondorian helmet
- Experience the physical effort that actors and extras had to put in
- Learn embarrassing moments for actors
- How the battle scene was created, turning Twizel into a Middle Earth and experience the speed of the charge into battle as you drive down the LOTR constructed film road
- How directors identify a good movie location
- Understand the basics of some of the filmmaking techniques used
- Stunts and special effects
- Discover what it took to turn hundreds of extras into orcs
- The weeks of pre-filming preparations
- Clever camera angles
- How the actors contributed to the filmmaking
- Questions: Is it digital or real?
- The riderless horse and more behind the scenes stories
About OneRing Tours (Lord of the Rings Tour) in Twizel:
Experience locations from the worlds most watched movies. That's right, OneRing Tours will take you on a journey through Twizel as you discover locations from both the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. Highly recommended in the Lord of the Rings location guidebook, this tour will visit locations from Gondor including the largest ever day of filming in the Lord of the Rings trilogy with over 1500 actors and crew involved. OneRing operates on private land, not accessible by the public, so this is truly a special experience.
Valid from May 9, 2018
Expires Jul 31, 2018
Limit: 2 per user and 2 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Subject to availability. Weather permitting. Please book in advance or contact OneRing Tours to confirm availability. One voucher per tour. Additional people payable direct. Maximum people per tour is 8 people. Valid for the amount of people stipulated on coupon. Must be used in one visit. Not valid on public holidays. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.