- Rotorua's legacy about the Smith family's passion to restore, preserve and showcase the birthplace of NZ tourism.
- Sharing stories of human resilience, tragedy and heroism of Māori and European settlers following the fateful 1886 eruption of Mt. Tawawera, destroying the world famous Pink & White Terraces.
- Witness for yourself the raw power of this cataclysmic event found within the village ruins and archaeological digs.
- You'll get admission to the world-class Te Wairoa Museum, the archaeological village sites and Wairere Falls and trail.
- Alternatively, you can join in on the guide talks which happen every half an hour between 10.00am - 3.00pm, where you'll learn everything from the comfort of the Te Wairoa Museum.
- Bring your kids along for day sure to feed their curiosity and provide some fun education they'll love. If they're under 12 and accompanied by an adult this fun-filled day will be free making it perfect for the upcoming school holidays.
- Grab the hot beverage and scone option and stop by Vi's Teahouse between 9.00am - 4.00pm for a delicious homemade treat that's sure to satisfy.
Grab an entry to The Buried Village from Te Wairoa The Buried Village.
Choose from four options:
- $28 for an adult entry
- $5 for a teen entry
- $55 for a family pass (two adults and three children)
- $5 for a hot berverage and scone with jam, cream and butter