- You can travel the world, become enlightened and see how the other half lives. But nothing really compares when you take a look deep into our own back yard.
- Venture to Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari and take in the eclectic range of fauna and flora that calls NZ home.
- With tuataras as old as time, wetas bigger than your forearm and birds whose song is closer to home than the national anthem, this place reflects all that is good and golden about our country.
- Choose the daytime guided highlight tour option and enjoy learning about the biodiversity of the forest or wetlands and all of the species that live within the enclosures; you'll hear about their large scale project, vision and the history of Maungatautari.
- Take the family, a couple of friends or just have a nosey by yourself to take in the beauty on offer. The longest pest-proof fence in the world maintains this sanctuary so that New Zealand's very own locals can survive and thrive, so head along and satisfy your intrigue.
Grab an entry to Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari.
Choose from six options:
- $13 for a self guidance entrance for an adult
- $6 for a self guidance entrance for a child
- $29 for a self guidance entrance family pass
- $20 for a daytime guided highlight tour for an adult
- $9 for a daytime guided highlight tour for a child
- $48 for a daytime guided highlight tour family pass