- These must-see Wairakei silica terraces are the crowning jewel of this mystical place and continue to form naturally every day.
- They provide a unique window into how the near-mythical pink-and-white versions once looked.
- For an unforgettably warming experience, bathe at the bottom of silica terraces in a series of stunning naturally-heated hot pools.
- Go for the Walkway option and you'll enjoy intricate Māori carvings throughout a one-hour walk depicting the stories and history of early Māori and New Zealand – the walkway's suitable for the whole family, with under-fives getting in free.
- Children 13 years and under are not permitted in the pools.
Grab entry to Wairakei Terraces.
Choose from four options:
- $12.50 for an adult pass to Wairakei thermal hot pools (14 years and older)
- $3 for a child pass to the Wairakei Terraces walkway (5 – 12 years old)
- $7 for an adult pass to the Wairakei Terraces walkway (13 years and older)
- $20 for a family pass to the Wairakei Terraces walkway (two adults and two children)