- These must-see Wairakei silica terraces are the crowning jewel of this mystical place and continue to form naturally every day.
- They provide a unique window into how the near-mythical pink-and-white versions once looked.
- With active thermal activity, discover the sheer beauty of these natural formations.
- You'll enjoy intricate Māori carvings throughout a one-hour walk depicting the stories and history of early Māori and New Zealand – the walkway's suitable for the whole family, with under-fives getting in free.
Grab entry to Wairakei Terraces.
Choose from three options:
- $7 for an adult pass to the Wairakei Terraces walkway (13 years and older)
- $3 for a child pass to the Wairakei Terraces walkway (5 – 12 years old)
- $20 for a family pass to the Wairakei Terraces walkway (two adults and two children)