- As a world-renowned nature reserve, Kapiti Island is blessed with an abundance of native and endangered species like Little Spotted Kiwi, Takahe, and the cheeky Kaka.
- Grab the first option and a day trip to this beautiful island. You can visit either Rangatira in the middle of the island, or Waiorua at the North End where you may spot seals, pods of dolphins and orca whales swimming in the great blue waters.
- Or with the second option you can experience the full richness and wonder of Kapiti Island with a day tour to Kapiti Island Nature Lodge where you will tour to Waiorua Bay at the north end of Kapiti.
- At the end of your tour you can sit down and enjoy a delicious cooked buffet lunch at the Lodge including juice, teas and coffee, surrounded by one of the most rich and diverse nature reserves in New Zealand.
- The experienced nature guides will walk with you and explain the rich human and ecological history, and help you identify the flora and fauna around you.
- Ferry departs from Kapiti Boating Club at Paraparaumu Beach approximately 9.00am, and returns at approximately 3.00pm. Please report to their check-in desk, located in the 180 Degrees Cafe, The Pier Complex, 12/18 Marine Parade, Paraparaumu Beach at least 30 minutes before your scheduled sailing time.
- Please note: Trips will take place seven days a week in May and October, subject to availability, and only valid Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in June and September.
Grab a Kapiti Island Day Trip for one person from Kapiti Island Nature Tours.
Choose from two options:
- $46 for a Kapiti Island Day Trip Package including ferry transport, introductory talk & doc permit
- $95 for a Kapiti Island Day Tour to Kapiti Island Nature Lodge Package including ferry transport, introductory talk, doc permit, lunch & one-hour guided walk