- As a world-renowned nature reserve, Kapiti Island is blessed with an abundance of native and endangered species like Little Spotted Kiwi, Takahe, and the cheeky Kaka.
- Grab the first option and a day trip to this beautiful island. You can visit either Rangatira in the middle of the island, or Waiorua at the North End where you may spot seals, pods of dolphins and orca whales swimming in the great blue waters.
- Or with the second option you can experience the full richness and wonder of Kapiti Island with a day tour to Kapiti Island Nature Lodge where you will tour to Waiorua Bay at the north end of Kapiti.
- At the end of your tour you can choose to sit down and enjoy a delicious cooked buffet lunch at the Lodge including juice, teas and coffee, surrounded by one of the most rich and diverse nature reserves in New Zealand.
- The experienced nature guides will walk with you and explain the rich human and ecological history, and help you identify the flora and fauna around you.
- Trips will take place seven days a week in April, and Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays in May, June and September, subject to availability.
Grab a Kapiti Island day trip for one person from Kapiti Island Nature Tours.
Choose from two options:
- $46 for a Kapiti Island Day Trip Package including ferry transport, introductory talk and DOC permit, to visit either Rangatira or the North End
- $95 for a Kapiti Island Day Tour to Kapiti Island Nature Lodge at the North End Package including ferry transport, introductory talk, DOC permit, lunch and one-hour guided walk