- The West Coast Wildlife Centre is the largest kiwi hatching facility in the South Island and has successfully hatched over 300 of the world’s rarest kiwi (rowi) since first opening.
- It is a public-private partnership with the Department of Conservation.
- Meet and discover live kiwi and tuatara at the West Coast Wildlife Centre in Franz Josef, West Coast.
- Open from 8am every day of the year, your all-day unlimited pass will let you see rowi kiwi in the natural bush walk-through, and explore the other unique and interactive experiences that bring together nature, conservation and wildlife all under one roof.
- Don’t miss the Glacier area, or Wild West Coast storytelling old hut, to discover the incredible stories and pioneering spirit that brought explorers over to the Glaciers in the past, and still does so to this very day.
- Opt for The Tuatara and Kiwi Backstage Pass - a fully guided tour with a Kiwi Ranger through the Tuatara and Kiwi facility. Learn about the kiwi hatching programme and the history of Tuatara and how Tuatara roamed the planet 220 million years ago and why they are so significant to New Zealanders. You can even take a photo!
Grab an entry pass to The West Coast Wildlife Centre.
Choose from six options:
- $19.50 for One Adult Entry
- $10 for One Child Entry
- $43 for One Family Pass Entry (2 Adults and up to 3 Children)
- $29.50 for One Adult Entry incl. Backstage Tuatara & Kiwi Tour
- $17.50 for One Child Entry incl. Backstage Tuatara & Kiwi Tour
- $72.50 for One Family Pass Entry (2 Adults & up to 3 Children) incl. Backstage Tuatara & Kiwi Tour