- Duration: approx. 5 hours 30 mins
- Tours Run: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Pick Up/ Drop off Points: will be arranged at time of booking
- Wine Tour of up to four Wineries
- Tastings at each
- Lunch Platter
- Tour Guide & Transport
Pegasus Bay Winery: discover sustainable viticulture used to bring out the complex flavours and fruit character of the wines, featuring elegant Pinot Noirs, world-renowned Rieslings and sublime dessert wines.
- Greystone Wine: The most awarded winery in North Canterbury. Varieties include Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Giles’ favourite Chardonnay – you might also get to taste the wines from the adjacent Muddy Water Wines.
- Torlesse Wines: Two ranges produced from 4 vineyard sites including the Winery Block and the Mackenzie Vineyards. Varieties include Gewurztraminer, Albarino and a knock out 10 yo Tawny “Port”.
- Terrace Edge: A dramatic landscape captured in liquid form. A truly boutique winery with its cellar door run by co-owner Jill Chapman and numerous awards including Best Organic Vineyard of the year 2021 – taste the award-winning wines including Pinot Gris, Syrah and the rightly famous Liquid Geography Riesling.
About Giles Tours:
Take some time out for some decadent wine tasting with these delightful deals from Giles Tours!
Spoil yourself or someone special to a day of wine wonders.
You’ll visit four boutique wineries of North Canterbury on a wine-tasting tour with a lunch platter included. Departing Christchurch at 10.30am, you’ll taste a quality selection of wines in the up-and-coming Waipara wine region, including stops at Pegasus Bay, Torlesse, Greystone and Terrace Edge or Waipara Springs and be back in Christchurch by 4.00pm.
Learn from your friendly and very knowledgeable guide about Waipara’s unique micro-climate as you taste a range of world-class red and white wines. The gorgeous Waipara wine area is renowned for its warm, dry climate and limestone-rich soils — ideal for growing the premium quality grapes that produce some of New Zealand’s most distinctive wine. All that’s left to do is savour each superb sip along with other wine-lovers!
Following pick-up from central Christchurch, your guide takes you on a 50-minute drive to Waipara where you will visit cellars and tasting rooms during guided tours of four vineyards. There, you will sample a distinctive selection of wines and enjoy a lunch of a fresh, seasonal platter that pairs well with your wine before drop-off back in Christchurch.
Valid from Feb 1, 2022
Expires Jul 31, 2022
Limit: 3 per user and 3 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Tours subject to availability. Wineries may change on the day, due to circumstances beyond the merchant's control. Tours run Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The 2, 3, and 4 person tour starts at 10.30am. The six people (private hire) option can choose a starting time and pick-up, contact the merchant directly for more information. Valid for the number of people stipulated on coupon. 48-hour cancellation policy or voucher is void. Vegetarian and gluten-free options available. Offer includes: Wine Tour of up to four Wineries, Tastings at each, Lunch Platter, Tour Guide & Transport. Does not include any personal beverage or food purchases. Package excludes: gratuities, food & drinks unless specified. Business reserves the right to amend/adjust tour if circumstances deem it necessary. 1 voucher per group of 2, 3, 4 or 6 people and entire value/offer must be used in 1 visit. Minimum of 4 people to run. Maximum of 6 people per tour. R18 for alcohol. Must be 18 years or older (ID will be required). Always drink responsibly. Host responsibility applies. The alcohol component of this deal is not discounted by 25% or more. Not suitable for pregnant women. While stocks last. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.