Duration: approx. 5 hours 30 mins
Tours Run: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday throughout the summer
Departure: Mona Vale Avenue in Riccarton (The two, three, and four person tour starts at 10.30am. The six people option can choose a starting time, contact the merchant directly for more information)
Return: Returns to original departure point
- Wine tastings
- Lunch platter including various cheeses, meats, pickles, sauces and pieces of bread
- Transport by air-conditioned MPV
- Pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Pegasus Bay Winery: discover sustainable viticulture used to bring out the complex flavours and fruit character of the wines, featuring world-renowned dessert wines and elegant Pinot Noirs.
- Torlesse Wines: Two ranges produced from four vineyard sites, including the Winery Block and the Mackenzie Vineyards. Varieties include Gewurztraminer, Albarino and Port.
- Greystone Wine: Varieties include Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Giles’ favourite Riesling - also taste the wines from the adjacent Muddy Water Wines
- Terrace Edge: A dramatic landscape captured in liquid form. A truly boutique winery cellar door run by co-owner Jill Chapman - taste the award-winning wines including St Laurent, Syrah and liquid Geography Riesling.
About Giles Tours:
Indulge in a day of wine tasting in the Waipara wine area, renowned for its warm, dry climate and limestone-rich soils - ideal for growing the premium quality grapes that produce some of New Zealand’s most distinctive, and awarded wines. Following pickup from central Christchurch, your guide takes you on a 50-minute drive to Waipara. Giles Tours will take you to visit cellars and tasting rooms during guided tours of four boutique vineyards in North Canterbury, and sample a distinctive selection of classic varietals and enjoy a lunch of a fresh, seasonal platter that pairs well with your wine before drop-off back in Christchurch.
Valid from Dec 5, 2019
Expires Apr 2, 2020
Limit: 2 per user and 3 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Subject to availability. Wineries may change on the day, due to circumstances beyond their control. Tours run Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The 2,3, and 4 person tour starts at 10.30am. The six people (private hire) option can choose a starting time, contact the merchant directly for more information. Valid for the number of people stipulated on coupon. 48-hour cancellation policy or voucher is void. Vegetarian and gluten-free options available. No vegan options are available. Must be 18 years or older. Not suitable for pregnant women. Must be used in one visit. Not valid on public holidays. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.