- Tour Run Time: 9.45am - 5.45pm
- Tour Departure Point: The Station Information Centre (43 Camp Street, outside the Marmolada Cafe)
- Knowledgeable driver, great specials
- Free map & timetable
- All transport duration: 8 hours
- Hop on and off as you please, visiting as many destinations as you like and choosing the duration of your stay at each spot - it's as simple as that!
- Check out some of the great specials and discounts offered exclusively to Hop On Hop Off customers at each stop!
1. Oxbow Adventure Co - Oxbow Adventure Co offers Jet Sprint Boats, Ultimate
Off-Roaders and Clay Bird Shooting to give all adrenaline Junkies an incredibly unique and
2. Goldfields Mining Centre - Goldfields Mining Centre: Come and Explore the Goldfields
and learn about the history. Finish your visit trying your luck at panning for gold.
3. Jones Family Fruit / Wine & Gardens - Jones Family Fruit Stall: Taste Fruit Ports and
real fruit ice-cream made from their own orchard, or wines from 7th Heaven, their vineyard in
4. Highland Motorsport - Museum: Highlands is a world-class motorsport facility with
experiences to match including ‘We-Drive’ or ‘U-Drive’ experiences, a Café, Museum and
Loo with a View!
5. Heritage Precinct: The Heritage Precinct has buildings from the 1860’s main
street of the gold town of Cromwell. Explore the history, cafes, unique businesses
and art spaces.
6. Armando's Kitchen: A charming Italian Café and Restaurant in the Cromwell Heritage
Precinct. Armando's Kitchen serves fresh pizza, pasta, pastries and Italian coffee.
7. The Office Restaurant and Bar: This restaurant and bar delivers high quality
food, a great selection of wine, beer, cocktails, coffee and the best Bailey's hot chocolates
8. Orchard Complex
9. Misha's Vineyard: Misha’s Vineyard is one of New Zealand’s Top 20 Wineries.
Overlooking Lake Dunstan they offer Pinot Noir and several white wines from their
10. Stoaker Room: A true NZ Must Do! Try the world-famous barrel cuisine and signature
5-course banquet board, served with matching award-winning Wild Earth Wines.
11. Wild Earth Wines (located at the Stoaker Room): Wild Earth is a boutique family owned winery that produce award-winning Pinot Noir and also some wonderful examples of aromatic and vibrant Pinot Gris, elegant cool climate Chardonnay, dry and sweet style Reslings and beautiful Pinot Noir Rosé.
12. Scott Base: Scott Base Vineyard is a cosy venue wrapped in vines with stunning views. Taste wine and craft beer, or enjoy light bites and share platters.
13. Wooing Tree Vineyard: The Wooing Tree vineyard, a family-owned pinot noir
specialist and home of the famous wooing tree, where the locals used to woo their lovers.
14. RiverRock Estate: Cromwell’s River Rock Estate, a boutique vineyard, winery and cellar door with luxury vineyard accommodation and Hot Pools complex. Also home of Tommy Cooper Port.
15. Mt Difficulty: Mt Difficulty Wines is the essence of Central Otago; a reflection of place. Bannockburn, under the auspices of Mt Difficulty is our home.
16. Domain Road: Domain Road Wines offer a personal and informative tasting of their home grown, award winning wines whilst enjoying spectacular views from their Cellar Door.
17. Desert Heart: The Desert Heart cellar door is an idyllic place to enjoy delicious food, exquisite wines and magnificent panoramic views including mountains and the Kawarau River.
18. Te Kano Estate: Te Kano Estate cellar door is in an award winning building. Te Kano is Maori for seed, reflecting their commitment to rejuvenate the land.
19. Bannockburn Hotel Wine Country Bar: Bannockburn Hotel, 2021 Regional Restaurant of the year, has over 230 wines available, many by the glass, and a sharing style Mediterranean/South Americas menu.
20. Black Rabbit Cafe: Black Rabbit Café offers simple but tasty food seven days a week. Look out for their daily specials.
21. Carrick Winery & Vineyards: Produce organic, wild-fermented, estate-grown within 1km of their Bannockburn winery and locally owned with on-site restaurant.
22. Akarua Winery: Akarua is a family owned winery established in 1996. Akarua, meaning ‘two vines’ Te Reo Māori, has a cellar door in both Arrowtown and Bannockburn.
About Hop On-Hop Off Wine Tours:
Juliearna Kavanagh came up with the idea in 2010 when she wanted to have a tour where people made their own choices. The initial design was written down on a piece of paper and the idea was born. There was a delayed start, due to earthquakes in Christchurch in 2010 & 2011. In March 2014, Hop on Hop off Wine Tours was launched. The Marlborough, Nelson and Queenstown tours are constantly evolving with new operators, deals and improved scheduling. The team look forward to welcoming you on board.
Valid from May 1, 2022
Expires Jul 31, 2022
Limit: 2 per user and 2 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Subject to availability. Maximum 6 Grabones per run. Minimum 8 people to run. Please phone for availability before purchasing. Tours will be operating from the 1st May onwards. Valid Saturday and Sunday only. Not valid on public holidays. Valid for the number of people stipulated on the coupon. Please call for availability. Must be used in 1 visit. R18 for alcohol. Always drink responsibly. Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than 14days prior to departure are fully refunded, unless due to a COVID Amber or above. Cancellation received less than 14days prior to departure will be charged full price. Upon communication with the booking team, the team will endeavour to offer a new date for your Hop On Hop Off Wine Tour. Legal Drinking Age Enforced: To consume alcohol you MUST be over the legal drinking age. You may be asked to produce a Government-issued ID to prove your age. Notes: Tour Departure Point: One Mile Carpark & Station Information Centre (outside Marmolada Cafe). It is illegal to consume alcohol on board If caught consuming alcohol you will be asked to leave the tour and must organise your own transport from there. Wine tastings and tours of the wineries are not included in this ticket - these are additional and at the customer's own expense. Child age 13 & under. The bus is not licensed to drink alcohol onboard. A minimum number of 6 passengers are needed to run the service, please call the merchant for availability before purchasing tickets. The tour can be cancelled if there are less than 6 bookings. Please note: If the bus is soiled by a customer, they will be charged a $200 cleaning fee. Please enquire 24hrs prior to booking date, no exception. While stocks last. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.