- Paperback book
- An enthralling story covering 28 captivating chapters with colour photos.
About To The Ice and Beyond and Graeme Kendall
- Kiwi yachtsman Graeme Kendall was the first person to sail the Northwest Passage solo non-stop. Sailing east to west, he knocked off the “Everest of sailing” in just 12 days – the fastest recorded – as part of his extraordinary solo circumnavigation of the globe.
- This is a story of determination, meticulous planning and rugged courage. All alone for 193 days in his purpose-built yacht Astral Express, Kendall crossed 28,000 miles of ocean, facing some of the Earth’s most terrifying seas. An enthralling adventure, To The Ice And Beyond will inspire you to live your dreams and to never give up.
- Graeme Kendall MNZM (Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit) is a highly experienced sailor who has sailed in many different parts of the world, including ocean racing. Born in Christchurch, he has sailed since he was a teenager and as an adult he has owned several cruising, racing and classic heritage yachts including Galatea and Pastime.
- In 1986 he sailed in the Whitbread Round the World Race with Digby Taylor aboard NZI Enterprise. The following year Graeme and his friend Stan Pearson sailed his yacht Astral Rose in the inaugural two-handed Melbourne-to-Osaka race. He has been self-employed since the age of 25, with a business career that culminated in farming and residential property.
- Graeme currently lives in Auckland where he is a charter yacht skipper. His boyhood dream has always been to sail solo through the Northwest Passage.
Limit: 4 per user and 2 as gift for others
Free delivery. Enter address when purchasing. No refunds unless required by law, no cashback, not to be used with any other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.
Business in Trade