A crown is a covering that encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original shape and size. It protects and strengthens tooth structure that cannot be restored with fillings or other types of restorations.
Reasons for crowns:
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Fractured fillings
- Large fillings
- Tooth has a root canal filling
Advantages of Zirconia Crowns:
Source: Colgate-Palmolive Company®
- Zirconia is a new dental technology
- The material is biocompatible, meaning it doesn't cause adverse reactions after it is implanted
- It can be matched to the specific colour of your teeth
- It is extremely strong, requiring less tooth preparation than other materials
- It can be layered with porcelain, further improving its aesthetic appearance
- Zirconia crowns can be bonded or cemented, giving your dentist more options
- Zirconia has the ability to be "milled" or shaped in the dental office. In other words, your crown might be made and delivered in one appointment, possibly saving you time and expense.
1. While the tooth is numb, Dr Ernie Park will prepare the tooth by removing any decay and shaping the surface to properly fit the crown
2. Once these details are accomplished, the dentist will then take accurate moulds of your teeth
3. Your temporary crown will then be placed with temporary cement. The moulds are then sent to the laboratory for them to fabricate your desired crown
4. At your second appointment, your temporary crown will be removed, the tooth will be cleaned, and your new crown will be carefully placed to ensure the spacing and bite are accurate
5. You will be given care instructions and encouraged to have regular dental visits to check on your new crown
About Bayside Dental Centre:
Bayside Dental Centre is conveniently located in the heart of Browns Bay on Auckland’s North Shore. At Bayside Dental, they provide minimal invasive dentistry through to complex mouth rehabilitation. Their primary commitment is to their patients’ health and comfort. To help ensure their treatment is as comfortable as possible they invariably use a numbing gel before giving you the local anaesthetic, so you barely feel a thing. They also warm the local anaesthetic close to your body temperature, providing a little bit of extra care that can make a huge difference to your comfort in the chair.
Valid from Mar 28, 2019
Expires Jun 30, 2019
Limit: 2 per user and 5 as gift for others
Bookings essential. Subject to availability. Not valid on public holidays and statutory holidays. Valid for dentistry stipulated on voucher only. 24-hour cancellation policy applies or coupon is void. Practice closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Valid for one person. Any additional treatments will be at an extra cost & discussed with you first. Not valid Public Holidays (incl. Good Friday & Easter Monday) Not valid Saturday, April 20 and Sunday, April 21. No refunds unless required by law. No cash backs, not to be used with any other offer.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.