- Return economy class airfares departing Auckland on Vietnam Airlines, China Southern Airlines or similar
- Internal domestic flights (local carrier)
- Nine nights of hotel accommodation
- One night on a Halong Bay cruise
- Round trip airport and hotel transfers
- Daily meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Coach transportation and all transfers
- Entrance fees to scenic attractions (unless otherwise indicated)
- English speaking tour guide(s)
- $120 in prepaid tips
Note: Departing from Wellington is an extra NZD$350 per person
Travel Dates 2020:
- 22nd Feb
- 7th Mar
- 22nd Apr*
- 16th May
- 13th Jun
- 25th Jul
- 22nd Aug
- 12 Sep*
- 17th Oct
- 14th Nov
**Peak Season Surcharge NZD $350 per person
Departure dates are subject to availability if your desired departure date is no longer available alternate dates or a full refund will be offered.
Day 1: Arrive in Hanoi
Fly to Hanoi via connecting cities. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to the hotel. Note: Some flights may depart the day before.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour (B, L)
Visit the infamous Hoa Lo Prison – known as ‘the Hanoi Hilton‘ during the American War. Visit the Temple of Literature, the ﬁrst university in Vietnam, Then it’s on to West Lake and Tran Quoc Temple, the oldest Buddhist temple in Hano. After lunch, visit Ba Dinh Square, where Ho Chi Minh read Viet Nam’s Declaration of Independence on 2 SEP 1945. Visit Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (reminiscent of Lenin’s Mausoleum in Moscow), and Ho Chi Minh’s House, a modest residence from which he led the country until his death in 1969. Then, transfer by bus to the ancient ’36 Meandering Streets’ of Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
Optional program - Water Puppet Show and Hanoi Foodie tour (at your own expense):
Day 3: Hanoi – Halong Bay (B, L, D)
Travel to Halong Bay and take a boat trip to explore one of the world’s great natural wonders, cruising the thousands of limestone islands ﬁlled with caves of all shapes and sizes. A seafood lunch and dinner will be served on board the charming junk. Stay overnight on board.
Day 4: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Da Nang – Hoi An (B, L)
Disembark from the junk at noon and ﬂy to Da Nang. On arrival, you will be picked up and transferred to Hoi An, an ancient town recognised as a World Cultural Heritage site by UNESCO. Check into your hotel.
Note: In the event that sufficient seats are not available for the Hanoi to Da Nang flight, the group will instead fly from Hai Phong.
Day 5: Hoi An (B)
Discover Hoi An by walking tour through the narrow streets of this charming town. Then, visit the highly-regarded Bebe Tailor Shop to discover the story behind Vietnam’s traditional outfits. The remainder of the afternoon is free at leisure. The afternoon is free at your own leisure. You may also join one of their optional tours.
Optional program 1 - Half-day cycling tour from Hoi An to Tra Que Village (at your own expense) or
Optional program 2 – Fishing Village & Waterway Eco-tour (at your own expense).
Day 6: Hoi An (B)
Visit the Réhahn Museum, to view the ‘Precious Heritage Collection’, by French Photographer Réhahn. Afterwards, you have free time at leisure, or you may enjoy the following optional activities.
Optional Activity 1: Half-day Da Nang Tour (Ba Na Hills & Golden Bridge) (at your own expense)
Optional Activity 2: Evening Cultural Stage Show. Depending on the day of arrival in Hoi An, you may instead see the stunning Hoi An Memories Show (at your own expense)
Day 7: Hoi An – Hue (B)
Drive to Hue City stopping along the way to take pictures at Lang Co Beach. On arrival, you will take a boat trip to Thien Mu Pagoda -an historicpagoda on the banks of the Perfume River. Travel to the centre of Hue city, visit the massive Kinh Thanh Citadel, comprised of the Imperial City, several museums, lakes, and lovely gardens, all laid out in a series of concentric circles.
Optional program - Royal Dinner (at your own expense):
Day 8: Hue – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
Catch a morning ﬂight to Ho Chi Minh City. On arrival, transfer to visit the imposing Dong Khoi Street (formerly Catinat street) before going to the Notre Dame Cathedral. Later, visit Ben Thanh Market before returning to your hotel.
Day 9: Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta (B,L)
Drive through the Mekong Delta, home to the richest agricultural lands in Vietnam. On arrival at My Tho City, take a boat trip on the Mekong River to ﬁshing villages and Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix Islands. Crossing the Mekong River, you’ll cruise along a small canal to see the daily life of locals in Ben Tre province, visiting Quoi An bee farm and handicraft workshop. Then, take small sampans back to your cruise to ‘Coconut Village’ for a coconut candy workshop and tasting. Visit Phoenix Island for a rice-paper workshop, then return by boat to My Tho and then by road back to Ho Chi Minh City. Enjoy the rest of the day free at leisure.
Day 10: Ho Chi Minh City – Cu Chi Tunnels – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
Visit the amazing Cu Chi Tunnels, a well-known relic of the Vietnamese revolution. Visit a lacquerware factory on the way back, and then enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.You may also join their Optional lunch and dinner cruise
Optional Lunch: Hội An Sense restaurant is a beautiful harmony between refined cuisine and unique architecture. Set on an opulent rooftop with intimate terrace, relaxing fish pond and vivid lanterns, Hội An Sense draws influences from vibrant flavours of Vietnam’s central region. (at your own expense)
Optional Dinner Cruise: Cruise on Saigon River and enjoy a delicious selection of local dishes as you take in the ambience of this charming city (at your own expense).
Day 11: Depart Ho Chi Minh City (B)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your return ﬂight home.
Day 12: Arrive Home
- Optional excursions and activity fees
- Vietnam visa application fees
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenditure & anything not stated on the itinerary
- Water Puppet & Hanoi Foodie Tour NZD$80 per person
- Evening Cultural Stage Show – Lune Production (with pre-show cocktail & Vietnamese tasting platter) NZD$115 per person
- Evening Cultural Stage Show – Hoi An Memories Show (with pre-show cocktail & Vietnamese tasting platter) NZD$115 per person
- Photography Foodie Tour – Hoi An at Dawn NZD$165 per oerson
- Hoi An Fishing Village & Waterway Eco-Tour NZD$120 per person
- Half Day Da Nang Tour included lunch (Ba Na Hills & Golden Bridge) NZD$175 per person
- Royal Dinner in Hue NZD$105 per person
- Lunch at Hoi An Sense NZD$45 per person
- Dinner Cruise on Saigon River NZD$65 per person
Hotel Accommodation is 3-4 Star (local rating) or Similar:
- Hanoi – Hotel Le Carnot or similar
- Halong Cruise – Bellezza Cruise, Bai Tho Cruise or similar
- Hoi An – Hoi An CoCo River Resort or similar
- Hue – Park View Hotel Hue or similar
- Ho Chi Minh City – Silverland Centre or similar