- Discover why everyone doesn't stop talking about how great Melbourne is - It's one of the most artist cities you will lay your eyes on, from Hosier Lane to hidden laneways and secret rooftop bars it's no wonder it's been titled one of Australia's most liveable cities.
- Melbourne is renowned for its markets, which sell everything from local produce to arts and crafts and vintage fashion. Get amongst the hustle and bustle of the Queen Victoria Markets, the largest open-air market in the Southern Hemisphere. You can take a bus from there to the South Melbourne Market, and enjoy dim sim or street-style Mexican food under its historic awnings.
- To top it off the tram service is utterly free across the city so it's easy to jump on and off wherever you please - just make sure you don't J-walk because that'll be a hefty fine.
- The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is Australia’s oldest gallery and hosts an exciting range of exhibitions and events, and a collection of more than 70,000 works. Visit the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) to immerse yourself in the world of film, television and digital culture or take a taxi to the Heide Museum of Modern Art at Bulleen for an insight into Australian artists.
- It really is a city that never sleeps with the evening coming to life with performances at one of Melbourne's many theatres, which host everything from musicals to comedy, and if you're in the mood for live music, swing past Bird's Basement Jazz Club.
- Bookings essential and must be made within three days of purchase.
Grab a two-night stay at Mercure Melbourne and return flights for $969 per-person, twin-share, from Inspired Escapes 2019.