- You enter the gracious age within moments of entering the Helena Suite in The Old Eltham Post office and yet there is a sense of easy familiarity.
- You relax into the historic town that laid the first tar seal in NZ the year that the Post Office was completed in 1905.
- The freshly renovated 100 sq metre apartment has full central heating, a large flatscreen TV, a spa bath and separate bathroom, ultra fast unlimited WiFi and kitchenette with fridge, microwave, toaster and utensils as well as a Nespresso coffee machine and Dyson hair dryer.
- 100 metres to the East along Bridge Street is Fonterra's Cheese Bar where some seriously good cheeses sell for ridiculously easy prices. You buy cheese in bulk and eat it any way you like.
- 15 km south is Nigel Ogle's extraordinary Tawhiti Museum. Nigel bought the old Tawhiti Cheese Factory and with a rare passion for history began collecting all the rare and intriguing debris of times gone by and gradually reassembled it into one of the most exciting and interesting museums you'll ever see.
- 30 minutes drive to the West and high on the Maunga are Wilkies Pools. These are indescribably pristine and biblical in their beauty and the short walk up to them through high alpine miniaturised NZ rainforest is exquisite and delicately perfect.
- Valid for stays up to and including 28th February 2022.
- In line with the government’s traffic light system, Covid-19 vaccination certificates may be required for guests aged over 12 years. For more information on covid traffic light system please refer to https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/
Grab a royal experience stay for two in Taranaki thanks to The Old Eltham Post Office.
Choose from two options:
- $243 for One-Night Stay
- $469 for Two-Night Stay