Day One: Cairo
- Upon arrival at Cairo airport, you will be met by a representative from On The Go. You will be escorted to your transportation and transferred to your hotel. Here, your Egyptian adventure begins! Day one is designed to be an arrival day for all passengers, so there are no formal arrangements on this first day.
Day Two: Pyramids of Giza
- After a good night's rest, we have a full day of touring planned for today. You’ll need to have your bags packed as we’ll be travelling down to Luxor in southern Egypt tonight. Our first stop this morning is the famous pyramids and iconic Sphinx at the Giza Plateau. Continuing to the necropolis of Saqqara, we can explore the myriad tombs and temples at this site. Later there is time for dinner before travelling on the overnight sleeper train to Luxor.
Day Three: Ancient Thebes
- We arrive in Luxor and check into the hotel. Home of the legendary Valley of the Kings and Temple of Karnak, 4000-year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its best. Enjoy some rest and relaxation this afternoon. Tonight, an optional visit is available to the Temple of Luxor. Book/pay locally at approx USD$25 including entrance fees and buffet dinner. For those not opting for the optional excursion, there is time to relax and have something to eat. As we have an early start tomorrow, you might want to retire early but if you have energy there are plenty of bars and late night entertainment available at all the big hotels.
Day Four: Valley of the Kings
- Venture to the awesome Valley of the Kings. The first monument you’ll see on the West Bank is the imposing 18m-high Colossi of Memnon, which are all that remains of the temple of the hedonistic Amenophis III. The Valley of the Kings is studded with often highly decorated tombs. We return to the east bank around midday, where we have a chance to relax by the pool for a while.
Day Five: Red Sea Riviera
- Luxor - Hurghada. Departing Luxor we head east to Hurghada, part of the beautiful Red Sea Riviera for FOUR days on the beach. Overnight - Hurghada
Days Six - Eight: Sun, Sea & Sand
- The next three days are free to explore Hurghada or simply relax. On day six there's an optional day trip to Giftun Island for swimming and snorkelling, which can be booked locally. Hurghada is one of the Red Sea's most popular resorts and it is easy to see why. Hotels and expanded infrastructure provide holidaymakers with excellent aquatic facilities for sail boarding, yachting, deep-sea fishing, Scuba diving and snorkelling. Overnight - Hurghada
Day Nine: Egyptian Museum
- This morning we depart Hurghada and head back to Cairo. We take a guided tour of the enlightening Egyptian Museum. A mind-boggling array of relics and antiquities from almost every period of ancient Egyptian history is housed in the museum, making it one of the foremost in the world. Arguably the most famous exhibit is the solid gold funerary mask of King Tutankhamun. There is also the option to see the Royal Mummies for an additional fee if you wish. Overnight - Cairo
Day 10: Cairo
- Breakfast, hotel check-out and included onward transfer to airport.
- Services of an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology
- Eight nights in four-five star hotels
- One-overnight train: Cairo to Luxor (private two berth sleeper cabin)
- Breakfast daily
- Four days in Hurghada - Red Sea Stay Touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor and Hurghada
- Airport arrival and departure transfer, day one and day ten
- All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles
Departure Dates (2019):
- 7th, 21st, 28th May
- 11th, 18th June
- 9th, 23rd July
- 6th, 13th August
- Customary tipping kitty: USD$50-70, paid in local
- Currency on arrival
- Entrance fees: USD$50-70, paid in local
- Currency at the time
- Customary tip for your tour guide - we recommend you allow USD$5 - 7 per day, per traveller *Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- International flights and visa
- Travel insurance
Valid from Feb 12, 2019
Expires Mar 8, 2019
Bookings essential. Passports must be supplied at the time of booking. Subject to availability. International flights not included. Tour departs 7th, 21st, 28th May; 11th, 18th June; 9th, 23rd July; 6th, 13th August 2019. Must be used in 1 visit. Deal valid for one person on a twin share basis i.e. two vouchers must be purchased at this price. Single supplement surcharge of $890 applies, payable direct to merchant. Includes: 4 days in Hurghada - Red Sea Stay, breakfast daily, Eight nights in 4 - 5 star hotels, 1 overnight train: Cairo to Luxor (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin), Touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor and Hurghada, Airport arrival and departure transfer, day 1 and day 10, Services of an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology, All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles & meals as indicated etc. Excludes: Customary Tipping Kitty: USD$50-70, paid in local currency on arrival, Entrance Fees: USD$50-70, paid in local Currency at the time, Customary Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$5 - 7 per day, per traveller. *Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture, International flights and visa & anything not specifically mentioned in the itinerary. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Travel insurance recommended. Value of deal is based on current rates, which are subject to change. Refund available from GrabOne within 48 hours of purchase if specific dates are not available. Once booked and confirmed package is non-refundable and non-changeable. No cashback. Not to be used with other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.