- Meals (12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners)
- Transport - bicycle hire (e-bike option available), support vehicle, train, camel
- Hotel accommodation (10 nights), overnight train (1 night), desert camp (1 night), gite (1 night)
- Cycling tour of Marrakech
- Cap Spartel Lighthouse visit
- Chefchaouen Kasbah
- Guided walking tour of Fes
- Camel safari in Merzouga
- Bike helmet - please bring your own
- Personal travel insurance and visas
- Flights not included but can be quoted
- 14th April 2019
- 5th May 2019
- 12th May 2019
- 2nd June 2019
- 1st September 2019
- 15th September 2019
- 29th September 2019
- 6th October 2019
- 13th October 2019
- 27th October 2019
- 2020 dates are available at a small surcharge
Is this trip right for you?
- To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
- The weather in Morocco can be extreme, with summer temperatures uncomfortably hot, especially for those who aren't accustomed to the heat. While the activities are organised for the cooler parts of the day, please consider carefully the time of the year you are going to travel. If you do travel in the warmer months, pack layers to cover you from the sun, bring the necessary sun protection, and drink plenty of water. The leader may opt to shorten or reroute rides to ensure travellers' health and safety is not compromised.
- In 2019, Ramadan will take place from May 5 to June 4. This is the holiest month of the year for Muslims around the world. Many festivals are marked as Islamic Holidays, which may cause some disturbance to your travels around this time. Some regular services may not be available or open during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars. Please consider your travel arrangements carefully.
- As Morocco has a tipping culture, travellers are expected to tip small amounts for most services, so please be prepared. Your trip leader and the tipping section of our Essential Trip Notes will provide you with some suggestions as to what amounts are appropriate.
- Although you shouldn’t expect any aggressive selling techniques in Morocco, please be aware that shop owners and street vendors offering their goods may regularly approach you.
- Accommodation is sourced very carefully with the best possible hotels picked in line with the Intrepid style of travel, but please note that service and accommodation in Morocco may be different to western standards.
- There's an overnight train on day two of the trip. The train has four-berth couchette compartments with upper and lower bunks on each side, so you may be sharing a confined space with people outside of your travel group. This train is occasionally cancelled at very late notice, resulting in taking a minivan instead.
- If you feel like doing all of the riding but are unsure of your fitness then an e-bike option is available.
- Full itinerary details are available on request.
About Discover Morocco Cycling Tour:
Desert sands and snow-topped mountains. Red cliff gorges and seaside paths. Hairpin turns and alpine passes. Grab a bike and see them all on a cycle through Morocco, a land overflowing with mystery, history and culture. A place where the people welcome you with endless stories and the landscape defies its harshness to offer you beach, desert, forest, mountain, and orchards. From Marrakesh, circle the country through Tangier, laidback Chefchaouen, medieval Fes, the cool of the High Atlas Mountains and the heat of the Sahara, and ride to the ancient city of Ait Benhaddou.
Valid from Apr 13, 2019
Expires Jul 30, 2019
Bookings essential and must be made within 3 days of purchase, or by 30th July 2019, whichever occurs first. Valid for the travel dates stipulated in the details section. 2020 dates are available at a small surcharge, payable direct to merchant. Includes: Meals (12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners); Transport - bicycle (e-bike option available), support vehicle, train, camel; Hotel accommodation (10 nights), overnight train (1 night), desert camp (1 night), gite (1 night); Cycling tour of Marrakech; Cap Spartel Lighthouse visit; Chefchaouen Kasbah; Guided walking tour of Fes; Camel safari in Merzouga. Excludes: Personal travel insurance and visas. Flights are not included but can be quoted upon request. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at the time of booking to organise a suitably sized bike. An e-bike option is available on this trip, please inquire at the time of booking. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. You will be unable to hire bike helmets locally, so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home. Morocco gets very warm in summer (June, July, Aug) so the leader may opt to shorten or reroute rides to ensure travellers' health and safety is not compromised. Per-person, twin-share option: Deal valid for one person on a twin-share basis i.e. two vouchers must be purchased at this price. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months after intended travel date. Due to the specific date of departure for this deal, once you have received the GrabOne email confirming your purchase, this purchase is not refundable unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.