- TranzAlpine train return tickets for two adults
- Accommodation at The Rainforest Retreat In Franz Josef in Park Motel Room or Deluxe Motel Lodge
- 45-minute private hot pool experience at Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools and then unlimited access to the main pools thereafter for the day
- Rental car hire for two days
Deluxe option also includes:
- Welcome drinks on arrival to accommodation
- Continental breakfast hamper
- TranzAlpine train departs from Christchurch at 8.15am, arriving at Greymouth at 1.05pm
- The departing train leaves Greymouth at 2.05pm and arrives in Christchurch at 6.31pm
- Please note, train occasionally arrives into Christchurch 30-minutes or more late. KiwiRail will not be responsible for any missed travel connections, so please ensure you have plenty of time.
Travel on the world famous TranzAlpine train and experience the South Island's striking scenic landscape between Christchurch and Greymouth. On this journey you'll see epic vistas, travel the edges of the ice-fed Waimakariri River and traverse the majestic Canterbury Plains, to the backdrop of the mighty Southern Alps.
The Great Journeys of New Zealand unites four iconic journeys, offering the best way to experience New Zealand, connecting you with our landscapes, people, places and culture.
About the Glacier Hot Pools:
Nestled in lush rainforest, the Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools are a haven of natural tranquillity. The pools are the perfect way to relax and unwind after travelling along Te Tai o Poutini (The West Coast).
- Escape the crowds in one of the private hot pools. Offering a totally unique, romantic, oasis in the rainforest, these pools provide guests with precious time alone in a secluded and tranquil environment.
- The three main pools weave their way through the rainforest and offer a superb place to relax and rejuvenate amongst nature. Ranging in temperature from 36 to 40 degrees centigrade, and covered by giant sails offering protection from the elements, the pools are in perfect synergy with the environment.
About The Rainforest Retreat:
Immerse yourself in the spectacular mountains and bush of New Zealand’s West Coast. Rainforest Retreat located in the heart of the glaciers is a unique destination offering spectacular views of snow-capped mountains and glacier-fed rivers. Rainforest Retreat is a place to relax and enjoy the native bush around you while being close to all amenities in the township of Franz Josef. With the Franz Josef Glacier accessible by helicopter or fixed-wing scenic flights you have an array of activities to select from or simply relax in the Glacier Hot Pools. The onsite Monsoon Bar and Restaurant can happily cater for your food and beverage requirements while staying warm in front of the large indoor fire.
About the Park Motel Room:
The Park Motel rooms are comfortable studio units featuring either a queen bed and a single bed or a queen bed and a bunk set, an en-suite, kitchen facilities and a TV with Sky Digital.
Facilities: en-suite, stove top, tea/coffee making, TV, WiFi, toaster, hairdryer, heating, kitchenette, microwave
About the Deluxe Motel Lodge:
The spacious and stylish studio Deluxe Tree Lodges are privately nestled amongst lush rainforest with large spacious decks so you can immerse yourself in nature. Featuring a king and a single bed each with pristine linen and plush pillows for absolute luxury, a large en-suite bathroom with rain shower and underfloor heating, a kitchenette, a Nespresso machine, a sofa bed, and all the modern comforts.
Facilities: en-suite, roo safe, stove top, tea/coffee making, telephone, TV, WiFi, toaster, hairdryer, heating, iron/board, kitchenette, microwave, desk, balcony, bar fridge
About The West Coast Travel Centre:
The West Coast Travel Centre is a privately owned travel centre that has been operating for over twenty years. Located in the historic Greymouth Railway Station, the west coast premiere travel specialists offer selective and unique tour options in this special part of the world.
Valid from Jun 15, 2019
Expires Sep 20, 2019
Bookings essential and must be made within two weeks of purchase or by 16th September 2019, whichever occurs first. Subject to availability. Valid for travel until 20th September 2019. No stopovers. Valid for the option stipulated on the coupon. Bookings only via Greymouth i-SITE Visitor Information Centre by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
or 0800 GREYMOUTH. Customers are advised to call to check availability of dates before purchasing. Not valid public holidays. Must be used in 1 visit. Cannot combine coupons to lengthen stay. Deal valid for 2 adults. Includes: Return TranzAlpine train trip between Christchurch and Greymouth - TranzAlpine train departs from Christchurch at 8.15am, arriving at Greymouth at 1.05pm. The departing train leaves Greymouth at 2.05pm and arrives in Christchurch at 6.31pm. Valid for accommodation type stipulated on coupon only. Package includes: two-night accommodation at Rainforest Retreat, 45-min private hot pool access and all-day main pool entry to Franz Josef Hot Pools, 2 day rental car and return train. Deluxe option also includes: welcome drinks on arrival to accommodation & continental breakfast hamper. Rental Car hire, FOC kms to 400 km limit, $0.25c per km after, $2300 Insurance Excess - can be wavered to $287.50 for min cost $65. Driver must have full, valid NZ driver's license. Please note, train occasionally arrives into Christchurch 30-minutes or more late. KiwiRail will not be responsible for any missed travel connections, so please ensure you have plenty of time. Travel insurance is not included but highly recommended. Value of deal is based on current rates, which are subject to change. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.