- 17th - 24th August 2019
- 27th September - 4th October 2019
- 21st - 28th December 2019
- 4th - 11th January 2020
- 4th - 11th April 2020
- 11th -18th April 2020
Day One: Cairo
Meet your group and leader at a welcome meeting tonight, then head out for a meal with your new crew and get to know each other over some local fare. For those who arrive early, there are plenty of things to see and do. Travel along the river by felucca, head out to explore the markets, or catch the metro into the oldest part of the city, the Coptic Christian sector.
• Urban Adventures - Islamic Cairo in Depth Tour - USD45
• Urban Adventures - Saqqara and Memphis - USD73
• Urban Adventures - Treasures and Tut Tour - USD65
Day Two: Cairo/Overnight Train (B,D)
Explore the amazing Pyramids of Giza which have stood tall for 4,500 years. Afterwards, make your
way to the Egyptian Museum, home to one of the world's great collections of antiquities. You'll have plenty of time to explore the sites today (approximately 3 hours for the pyramids and 3 hours for the museum). In the evening you'll board an overnight train to the southern city of Aswan (approximately 13 hours).
• Cairo -The Royal Mummy Room - EGP180
• Cairo - The Great Pyramid of Cheops (entry fee) - EGP300
• Cairo - The 2nd Pyramid of Khafre (entry fee) - EGP60
Day Three: Aswan (B,D)
Arrive in Aswan in the morning, here the Nile runs deep and fast between granite rocks as the desert encroaches on the river. You'll have the rest of the morning free to explore Aswan, have a swim in the hotel pool or simply sit back and enjoy the view of the Nile. In the early afternoon you'll take a water taxi over to the Temple of Isis which was rescued from the rising waters of the Nile and relocated on Philae Island. In the early evening, you'll take a trip across the river to a Nubian village and enjoy dinner at one of the local houses.
Day Four: Aswan (B)
Today is free for you to explore Aswan or the surrounding areas. You might want to visit the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel, located near the Sudan border.
- Aswan to Abu Simbel: return transport by bus & entrance fee (price from per person - minimum 4 passengers) - USD100
- Aswan - Unfinished Obelisk (entrance only) - EGP80
- Day Five: Felucca Sailing (B,L,D)
- Climb aboard a felucca (traditional wooden boat with a broad canvas sail) with your family and spend a day on the Nile River and an evening under the stars. Watch the sun set across the river and relax, watching life along the water.
Day Six: Luxor (B)
Have breakfast on the felucca before transferring by bus to Luxor (approximately 4 hours), tracing the path of the Nile to the north. Upon arrival, you'll have time to relax at the hotel before we head over to the Karnak Temple in the afternoon.The Karnak Temple is perhaps the most impressive of all the ancient Pharoahs' monumental works.
- Luxor - Sound and Light Show at Karnak (entry fee) - EGP250
Day Seven: Cairo (B)
Embrace another early morning as you cross the Nile and drive to the secluded Valley of the Kings. Sixty-three pharaohs were buried here as part of their journey to the afterlife. In the company of a local guide, you'll spend a few hours exploring some of the exquisitely decorated tombs. If you'd like to organise a visit to King Tut's tomb today, this can be arranged with advance notice. On your way back to the river, spend an hour at the funerary temple of Queen Hatshepsut, Egypt's first female ruler. Late this afternoon, board a flight back to Cairo. Check-in to the hotel on arrival, then perhaps freshen up and head out for an optional final dinner with your fellow travellers.
- Luxor - Tomb of Tutankhamun - EGP200
Day Eight: Cairo (B)
Adventure through Egypt comes to an end after breakfast this morning. There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart your accommodation at any time after check-out.
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Transport (Felucca, Overnight train, private minivan, domestic flight)
- Accommodation Hotel (5 nights), Felucca (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- Included activities: Cairo - The Egyptian Museum, Cairo - Pyramids and Sphinx, Aswan - Philae Temple, Aswan - Nubian Village Visit and Dinner, Luxor - Temple of Karnak, Luxor- Donkey ride, Luxor - Valley of the Kings (3 tombs), Luxor - Hatshepsut Temple
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Visas/Vaccinations (if required)
Valid from Mar 8, 2019
Expires Apr 30, 2019
Bookings are essential and must be made within seven days of purchase. Subject to availability. International flights not included. Tour departs 17th August 2019, 27th September 2019, 21st December 2019, 4th January 2020, 4th April 2020 and 11th April 2020. Must be used in 1 visit. Deal valid for one person on a twin share basis i.e. two vouchers must be purchased at this price. Includes: transport (Felucca, Overnight train, private minivan, domestic flight), accommodation hotel (5 nights), Felucca (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (1 night), Included activities: Cairo - The Egyptian Museum, Cairo - Pyramids and Sphinx, Aswan - Philae Temple, Aswan - Nubian Village Visit and Dinner, Luxor - Temple of Karnak, Luxor- Donkey ride, Luxor - Valley of the Kings (3 tombs), Luxor - Hatshepsut Temple & meals as indicated etc. Excludes international flights, personal travel insurance & anything not specifically mentioned in the itinerary. Children are aged under 18yrs at the time of travel. An attending adult option must be purchased alongside a child option. Deposit only option @ $200 per person with full payment due 120 days prior to departure. Passport must be supplied at the time of booking. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Travel insurance recommended. Value of deal is based on current rates, which are subject to change. Refund available from GrabOne within 48 hours of purchase if specific dates are not available No cashback. Not to be used with other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.