- Accommodation seven nights in rooms with private facilities in three-star hotels
- Breakfast daily,
- Two three-course dinners
- Luggage transfers while on the tour
- Boat rides Camogli/San Frattuoso, Portofino/San Margherita, Portovenere/Monterosso
- Wine tasting (Monterosso)
- Detailed walking notes and route maps (one set per room)
- Local 24-hour emergency contact
- Train and bus tickets according to the programme, approx. €37 per person
- Entrance fee for the Cinque Terre Park trails, approx. €6 per person
- Hotel tax to be paid direct in cash, approx €2 per person per night
- Valid for travel from the 30th March 2019 to the 30th September 2019
Day One: Santa Margherita
Arrive in Santa Margherita on the Liguria Coast.
Day Two: Camogli & Portofino
Take a short train ride to the picturesque town of Camogli then board a boat to the cove of the monastery of San Fruttuoso, founded more than 1200 years ago. Walk above the shore of Portofino, descending through olive groves and small hamlets with the picturesque town in your sights. Return to Santa Margherita by boat.
- Walking: 6.5 km, time one and a half or two hours, ascent 225m
- Overnight: Santa Margherita
Day Three: Rapallo to Moneglia
Train or bus to Rapallo to start today’s walk. From Rapallo either climb (or take the famous cable car railway - tickets not included) to the sanctuary of Madonna di Montallegro. From the church, walk on relatively unknown paths to Chiavari overlooking the sea on one side and the mountains of the Apennines on the other. A short train ride takes you to your next hotel in Moneglia.
- Walking: five hours with the climb from Rapallo, less than three hours without and mostly downhill, 18km, ascent 600m
- Overnight: Moneglia-includes three-course dinner.
Day Four: Moneglia to Framura Circuit
Take the train to Bonassola then walk back in the direction of Moneglia. From Bonassola cross the wonderful viewpoint Salto Della Lepre to Framura, the most panoramic part of the hike. Pass the hamlets of Framura to reach the little fishing town of Deiva Marina then you can opt to continue along the coastal route to Moneglia.
- Walking: Bonassola–Framura 5.5 km, two and a half hours, ascent 250m
- Framura–Deiva Marina 5 km, two hours and 20 minutes, ascent 100m
- Deiva Marina–Moneglia 6.5 km, two hours
- Overnight Moneglia: includes three-course dinner
Day Five: Moneglia to Monterosso
Train to Levanto and visit the church of San Adrea standing at 1226metres above sea level before walking to Monterosso. You'll climb the hill over the ridge along cobbled pathways passing the Punta Mesco which overlooks the whole gulf of the Cinque Terre. Continue to Monterosso and enjoy a wine tasting of the winemakers of the Cinque Terre. You will taste the Cinque Terre DOC white wine and a Sciacchetra, a traditional sweet wine and learn how wine is made. Accompany the tasting with a tasty crostini and cantucci. Later, you can explore Monterosso or enjoy the best beach on the coast. In the old town, the convent church has some wonderful paintings as well as a crucifixion attributed to Van Dyck.
- Walking: 8 km, three and a half hours, ascent 320m
- Overnight: Monterosso
Day Six: Monterosso Five Villages
Walk along the old pilgrimage route between Monterosso and the sanctuary at Saviore before reaching Reggio for some spectacular views. You'll then pass through Vernazza to Corniglia, then through to Volastra through ancient vineyards to Manarola. From every village of the Cinque Terre, it is possible to take trains to the others.
- Walking: Monterosso–Saviore–Reggio– Vernazza 8.5 km, three and a half hours ascent 535m
- Monterosso–Vernazza (low path) one hour 45 minutes
- Vernazza–Corneglia 4 km, one and a half hours, ascent 150m
- Corniglia–Volastra–Manarola 6 km, two hours, ascent 370m
- Overnight: Monterosso
Day Seven: Riomaggiore - Portovenere
Train to the village of Riomaggiore, then walk through the pine and chestnut forest to Portovenere located on a rocky peninsula. Return to Monterosso by boat along the Cinque Terre coastline.
- Walking: 14 km, five and a half hours, ascent 550m
- Overnight: Monterosso
Day Eight: Tour Ends in Monterosso
Tour ends after breakfast.
There are easy rail connections from Monterosso to La Spezia and Pisa in the south, or to Milan and Genoa in the north.
Sample Hotels (Subject to Availability):
Hotel Jolanda in Santa Margherita - charming, very well reviewed three-star hotel close to the beach
Hotel Margherita in Monterosso - three-star hotel with 31 rooms, in the historic part of town, handy to restaurants and not far from the beach
Valid from Sep 26, 2018
Expires Nov 20, 2018
Bookings essential. Deposit option: pay in full by 20th November or 90 days prior to travel (whichever occurs first). Bookings must be made within 10 days of purchase. Subject to availability. International flights not included. Valid until 30th of September 2019. Must be used in 1 visit. Deal valid for one person on a twin share basis i.e. two vouchers must be purchased at this price. Single supplement quote is available direct from merchant, payable direct. Includes: Accommodation 7 nights in rooms with private facilities in 3 star hotels, Breakfast daily, two three-course dinners, Luggage transfers while on the tour, Boat rides Camogli/San Frattuoso, Portofino/San Margherita, Portovenere/Monterosso, Wine tasting (Monterosso), Detailed walking notes and route maps (one set per room), Local 24hr emergency contact & meals as indicated etc. Excludes Train and bus tickets according to programme; allow approx. €37 per person, Entrance fee for the Cinque Terre Park trails, approx. €6 per person, Hotel tax to be paid directly in cash approx €2 per person per night, & anything not specifically mentioned in the itinerary. Visas are the responsibility of the traveller. Travel insurance recommended. Value of deal is based on current rates, which are subject to change. Refund available from GrabOne within 48 hours of purchase if specific dates are not available OR Due to the specific date of departure for this deal, once you have received the GrabOne email confirming your purchase, this purchase is not refundable unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.