Valid for stays 1 August 2020 to 30th April 2021.
Set against a majestic backdrop from the alps to the ocean, Christchurch and Canterbury offer visitors a unique and diverse destination. From lush vineyards and wild coastlines to sky-piercing mountains and pristine glacial lakes, Canterbury is a region of remarkable contrasts and a haven for those seeking incredible scenery and adventure.
- Two nights accommodation in King room at Distinction Christchurch
- Three-course dinner at Gumption Restaurant and Bar (tea and coffee included)
- Four hour Waipara Wine tour of four vineyards including a lunch platter
About Distinction Christchurch:
The renovated Distinction Christchurch Hotel is an urban escape combining sophisticated smarts and familiar warmth whilst standing proud amongst the buzz of the rejuvenation of Cathedral Square. This luxury Christchurch accommodation is ideally positioned in the heart of the city only a few minutes' walk from the Avon River, Botanical Gardens, Christchurch Casino, Cashel Mall and future Christchurch Convention Centre.
Classic King Room:
The familiar warmth of Distinction Christchurch's refurbished Classic King or Classic Twin Rooms meld with laid back luxury to create an urban sanctuary for both business travellers and holidaymakers.
These refurbished air-conditioned hotel rooms include a king bed combined with sumptuous linen as well as double glazed windows to ensure a restful night’s sleep. An ensuite bathroom with shower over bath and complimentary Distinction toiletries (saved from going to landfill through The Hotel Weka recycling program). Comfortable armchair and a work desk, either 43" OR 55” flat screen smart television with Freeview channels and FREE unlimited WiFi.
About Wine Trail Tour:
This tour explores 4 of North Canterbury’s boutique vineyards. From Christchurch we drive 45 minutes north through the New Zealand countryside to the Waipara Valley, well known for its warm, dry climate and rich alluvial soils, ideal for superior wine production. Over 40 vineyards and wineries pepper the landscape of the valley, with Pinot Noir, Riesling, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc dominating local plantings. We will stop for tastings at Pegasus Bay, Waipara Springs, Greystone Winery and Waipara Hills Winery.
The platter lunch includes tastes of both a regional and New Zealand flavor and is the perfect accompaniment to some of this wineries fine wines. In the summer months enjoy your lunch at leisure in the wineries beautiful garden setting.
Tour duration approx. 4 hours. (Should any of the above named wineries be unavailable on the day, an alternative winery in the Waipara area will be included)
Departure time is 12.00pm
Three-Course Dinner Menu:
- Soup of the Day - chefs fresh choice of daily soup
- Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables - goat cheese puree, mixed leaves, toasted walnuts and forvum dressing
- Smoked Salmon Salad Stack - quinoa, avocado, pumpkin, pea tendrils and lemon dressing
- Lamb and Herb Croquette - pea puree, mesclun, pine nut and pomegranate dressing
- Hemp Confit Cauliflower - with truffle scented sorghum, roasted mushrooms and a warm tomato salsa pimento puree
- Pan Roasted Fish - celeriac puree, roasted zucchini and baby spinach, lemon
- Free Range Chicken Breast - paired with rosti potato, roasted mushrooms and a light spinach veloute
- New Zealand Grass Fed Beef Ribeye - served with broccoli, potato puree, candied tomato, jus
- Selection of Sorbets - seasonal fruits
- Traditional Sticky Date Pudding - accompanied by salted caramel ice cream and butterscotch brandy
- Baked Cheesecake - berries, pistachio sauce, whipped cream
- Brownie Ala Mode - warmed chocolate brownie, vanilla ice cream and warm chocolate sauce
Valid from Aug 1, 2020
Expires Apr 30, 2021
Bookings essential and must be made within seven days of purchase or by 31st July 2020, whichever occurs first. Subject to availability. Valid for stays 1 August 2020 to 30th April 2021. Not valid public holidays. Must be used in 1 visit. Wine tour departs at 12.00pm. Cannot combine coupons to lengthen stay. Valid for number of people stipulated on coupon only. Three-course dinner includes 1 x starter, 1 x main, 1 x dessert plus tea or coffee per person. Valid for one Three-course dinner for one night of stay. Please note: dinner menu is sample only and subject to seasonal changes. Dietary requirements are catered for - please advise at time of booking. Value of deal is based on current rates, which are subject to change. R18 for alcohol. Always drink responsibly. Once booked, your package is non refundable and non changeable. Domestic travel insurance is recommended. While stocks last. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.