- Transfer from Christchurch Airport to your accommodation
- 1-night accommodation at Sudima Christchurch, breakfast included
- River Punting on the Avon
- Christchurch Tramway Restaurant
- 4 day Car Rental (Christchurch return) unlimited kilometres
- 3 nights accommodation at Banks House in Akaroa with breakfast daily
- Akaroa dolphin watching
- Wild Life Nature Tour
- Wine tasting in Banks Peninsular
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
Day 1: Christchurch City (D)
- Transfer from Christchurch airport to your accommodation.
Punting on the Avon (afternoon)
Punting on the Avon offers authentic punt rides along the Avon River and is one of Christchurch’s most iconic attractions since 1986. An Edwardian-attired punter will guide you on board a classic punt quietly past trailing willows, woodlands and the leafy banks of the Botanic Gardens; through the re-building city centre of Christchurch. Punting on the Avon is an eco-friendly way to relax and enjoy Christchurch from a different perspective. Your private ride is 45 minutes. Large umbrellas are available.
Christchurch Tramway Restaurant Dinner (evening)
This is the only Restaurant Tram in New Zealand which can offer such a unique way to view the inner city while enjoying a delicious fine dining evening dinner, including pre-dinner drinks and canapes. The Tram 411 was built in Melbourne, Australia in 1927 and ran until 1982. The tram was then refurbished and shipped to Christchurch and began operating as the Christchurch Tramway Restaurant in 2000. This is a highlight event evening in Christchurch.
- Sudima Christchurch City Hotel, Christchurch,
- Included: Punting ticket, Tramway pre-dinner drinks, canapés, and dinner (no drinks), accommodation, breakfast
Day 2: Christchurch – Akaroa (B)
- The rental car company will collect you at approx. 9:00am at your accommodation to collect your car.
- Take SH75 to Banks Peninsula and Akaroa. You will travel the same route for the outward journey as for the return except for the last few kilometres. If the weather is good, we recommend the Tourist Drive – a panoramic route with magical views of Akaroa and the caldera, or take the road via Duvauchelle and the ‘Tourist Drive’ on your return.
- Banks Peninsula is located 75 km south-east of Christchurch and at the end of the peninsula is the French village of Akaroa. In 1840 there was an attempt at French colonisation, and at that time French whalers were sailing in the area. When the French expedition from Paris arrived in New Zealand, the British had already acquired sovereignty over the island and the French had to settle for two villages instead of the whole island, one of these being Akaroa and the other no longer exists. Akaroa - surrounded by natural wonders, wilderness meets the edges of this historical French settlement, provides an easy access to nature’s playground.
Akaroa Dolphin watching cruise: 12:45 – 2:45pm (duration 02:00 hrs. )
Akaroa Harbour is host to amazing bird life and sea mammals, including the world’s rarest and smallest dolphin, the friendly Hector’s dolphin, which you’ll undoubtedly experience on our 2h cruise. The rear viewing platform is close to sea level providing the opportunity to get really close to the playful dolphins. You’ll also see fur seals sunbathing on the rocks, little blue penguins, marine salmon and paua pearl farms and a variety of fascinating sea birds including five species of cormorant, black-backed gulls, red-billed gulls, shearwaters, terns, prions, mollymawks, petrels, skuas, oystercatchers, albatross and more.
The vessel is fast, stable allowing access to the spectacular sea caves, volcanic formations, high cliffs and bird nesting sites both within Akaroa Harbour and beyond the entrance along the Pacific Ocean coastline. Complimentary wine for adults, hot and cold drinks and fresh home baking are served on board.
Day 3: Akaroa – Flea Bay – Akaroa (B)
Wild Life Nature Tour
- 2-Hour tour An educational experience to learn about penguins and conservation.
- A visit to the spectacular cliff-tops of Akaroa Heads Lighthouse Reserve.
- A visit of the beautiful red beech forest of Tutakakahikura Scenic Reserve. (optional)
- More time to see native wildlife and to explore Flea Bay.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and home-made baked goods!
Come with us on a 4WD safari to the spectacular, award-winning Wild Side Conservation area! Learn about the area’s rich history, native flora and fauna and Pohatu’s unique penguin conservation program. Our Nature Safaris offer stunning views of Akaroa Harbour, the outer coast, farm land and forested hillsides. Be greeted by the farm’s, rare breeds of friendly pet sheep and see White-Flippered penguins as we monitor nesting sites. If you’re lucky, you may even get the chance to see some of our rehabilitation efforts such as supplemental feedings and swim therapy.
Day 4: Akaroa – Banks Peninsula (B)
Afternoon Wine tasting in Banks Peninsula - exclusive tour
Spend an afternoon ‘A la French’. What a better place to taste wine and cheese than in the most French village of New Zealand! Visit local award-winning vineyards: French Peak Wines, Meniscus Wines and Whistling Buoy. Learn about the French history and geology of the area creating unique wines.
Day 5: Akaroa – Christchurch City (B)
- Return to Christchurch via SH75 and take time to explore more of the city, if time permits. Drop your car rental at the airport. The latest drop of time is 4.30pm.
Valid from Jun 1, 2021
Expires Sep 30, 2021
Bookings essential within 5 days of purchase or by 30th June 2021, whichever comes first. Subject to availability. Valid for stays up to and including 30th September 2021. Not valid public holidays. Must be used in 1 visit. Cannot combine coupons to lengthen stay. Deal valid for one person on a twin share basis i.e. two vouchers must be purchased at this price. Maximum room occupancy is two people. Minimum age for car hire is 25yrs. Full licence required. Includes Transfer from Christchurch Airport to your accommodation, 1-night accommodation at Sudima Christchurch, breakfast included, River Punting on the Avon, Christchurch Tramway Restaurant, 4 day Car Rental (Christchurch return) unlimited kilometres, 3 nights accommodation at Banks House in Akaroa with breakfast daily, including breakfast, Akaroa dolphin watching, Wild Life Nature Tour
Wine tasting in Banks Peninsular, Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner. Once booked, package is non changeable and non refundable. Value of deal is based on current rates, which are subject to change. While stocks last. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with other offers.
See the rules
that apply to all deals.