- 11 nights accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room
- Services of tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip
- 11 breakfasts
- Local taxes and fees
- Modern air-conditioned coach with reclining seats, TV for showing DVDs and on-board toilet
About the Tour:
A unique North American holiday combining the most famous attractions and travel experiences in eastern USA and Canada, including Boston, Quebec, Toronto, Niagara Falls and Washington, D.C.
Commencing in New York travel by air-conditioned coach to Boston. Enroute visit Newport, Rhode Island, with free time to explore this beautiful and historic seaside town founded in 1639. After exploring historic Boston continue on to Quebec, Toronto, Niagara Falls and Washington, D.C. before returning to New York.
Included experiences: 24 experiences including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities, plus other exciting experiences.
Available 2019 Tour Dates:
- 1st July
- 5th Aug
- 9th Sept
- 7th Oct
Additional accommodation before or after tour: Add 3 days in New York - available on request. Cost additional and subject to availability.
Day One: New York City, NY - Newport, RI - Boston, MA
We jump into our Eastern US and Canada holiday without wasting a second. After meeting up in the morning, we immediately make our way from New York to Boston. Along the way we stop in Newport, Rhode Island, with some free time to explore and grab lunch. This beautiful seaside town has a rich history. It was founded in 1639 and became an important port in the colonial era. Since then it has transformed into a bustling artists' community and popular holiday destination. It is also home to the US Naval War College. Leaving Newport behind, we'll cruise through Connecticut to Boston. After settling in at our hotel, your tour leader will take you on a driving tour. We'll see a few of Boston’s highlights, including Quincy Hall and the city’s oldest park.
- Visit Newport. A quick stopover in this pretty seaside town will give you a taste of New England's charm.
- Driving tour of Boston. Hop back on the coach for a drive along Boston’s best-loved attractions.
Accommodation: Quality Inn Revere or similar
Day Two: Boston, MA - Free day
Boston is such an interesting city that we are giving you a full day to explore on your own. A good way to get around the city is by taking the hop-on hop-off bus tour, which is very convenient and visits major sights including Beacon Hill, Boston’s most historic and affluent neighbourhoods, and the 221-feet high Bunker Hill monument that commemorates the first major battle of the American Revolution.
Day Three: Boston, MA - Flume Gorge, NH - Quebec City, QC
See ya Boston! Today our US holiday crosses over the border into Canada. But first, we visit Flume Gorge in New Hampshire. This natural gorge extends for 800 feet at the base of Mount Liberty, and the sheer walls narrow to 12 feet apart in places. With a boardwalk taking you deep into the gorge, this is a priceless photo opportunity! Next, we cross into Canada and head straight for Quebec City, the country's only walled settlement. Once we've freshened up at the hotel, we hit the road on a walking tour. This takes us along many historical places including Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Not to mention Chateau Frontenac, the Place Royale and the Citadel/Musée Royal 22è Regiment. You have some free time to explore by yourself before heading back to the hotel for the evening.
- Drive through White Mountain National Forest. This beautiful woodland lies along the mountains in the US states of New Hampshire and Maine.
- Explore the natural beauty of the Flume Gorge, a natural gorge extending 800 feet at the base of Mount Liberty.
- Guided tour of Quebec City. Your Canada holiday starts with a guided tour of the city's most famous attractions.
- Visit Old Quebec. This UNESCO World Heritage Site preserves a historic part of the city.
Accommodation: Hotel Travelodge Quebec, Must Hotel Jaro or similar
Day Four: Quebec City, QC - Free day
Canadian holidays call for lots of exploration, so we're giving you a full day to discover Quebec. This beautiful city has plenty of cultural destinations and outdoor activities to enjoy. You could even head out of town to drink in the stunning landscapes. Speak to your tour leader about optional activities. You could for instance join in on a day trip to Montmorency Falls, or simply see the sights by yourself - the choice is yours!
Day Five: Quebec City, QC - Montreal, QC - Ottawa, ON
Au revoir Quebec! The next stop is Ottawa, Canada's capital. On the way we'll stop off in Old Montreal. This is a great time to try a local favourite. We recommend poutine - French fries topped with cheese curd and gravy (it's much better than it sounds!). Once we arrive in Ottawa, we will do a quick check in at our hotel and then hop back on the coach to Parliament Hill. Once we arrive, your tour leader will take you on a walking tour, highlighting Parliament Hill and a few other highlights. Your walking tour concludes in ByWard Market, where you can snap a quick photo by the OTTAWA sign and grab something to eat, before heading back to the hotel for the evening.
- Lunch stop in Old Montreal. The city has lots of beautifully preserved historic buildings and plenty of charm.
- Orientation walk in Ottawa. Welcome in Canada's capital. Your tour leader will take you on a walk to get the lay of the land.
Accommodation: Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa East or similar
Day Six: Ottawa, ON - McDonalds Corners, ON - Toronto, ON
After leaving Ottawa, our Canadian holiday continues as we make our way to Toronto. On the way we stop for a maple syrup demonstration and tasting. Did you know Canada exports over 9.4 million litres of maple syrup per year? That's a whole lot of waffle topping! When we arrive in Toronto, your tour leader will lead you on a tour of the city centre. Once you have your bearings, you can take the entire evening to explore at your own pace.
- Breakfast at a Maple Farm. Choose from delicious options like French toast, pancakes and maple sausages, with tea, coffee or soft drink.
- Maple syrup demo and tasting. We'll taste some of the best variations and learn more about the Canadian export industry.
- Orientation tour of the Toronto core. Your tour leader will lead you in an initial tour to introduce you to Toronto's city centre.
Accommodation: Chelsea Hotel or similar
Day Seven: Toronto, ON - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON - Niagara Falls, ON
No Canadian vacation package is complete without a visit to Niagara Falls. Today we leave Toronto behind and travel away from the Great Lake Ontario to this famous natural landmark. Before reaching the falls, we’ll make a stop in Niagara-on-the-Lake, a quaint little town where we try Ontario's renowned ice wine. Afterwards, we visit Niagara's majestic Horseshoe Falls and then head to our hotel. The evening is yours to explore. You can join a boat tour to the falls, or experience them from the viewing points at the top. There is a lot to do - see the falls at night, stroll along Clifton Hill or visit a casino. It's up to you!
- Ice wine tasting. Ice wine is a type of dessert wine made from grapes that are frozen on the vine. It's a great way to warm up in cold Canada.
- Stopover at Niagara-on-the-Lake. This small town on Lake Ontario is known for its pretty 19th-century architecture.
- Visit the famous Horseshoe Falls. These are one of the three falls that make up Niagara as a group.
Accommodation: Best Western Falls view or similar
Day Eight: Niagara Falls, ON - Detroit, MI
Today we leave Canada and make our way back to the United States, to Detroit. This urban and gritty American city is best known for muscle cars and Motown music. Detroit took a hit in the recession but is now starting to reinvent itself. We go on a guided driving/walking tour and learn more about the rise and fall of this great city.
- Detroit's Rise, Fall and Renewal tour (walking/driving). Detroit may have filed for bankruptcy but it's still a city rich in history innovation. See which buildings have been restored and others that await renewal on this Detroit tour led by a local.
Accommodation: Motor City Hotel or similar
Day Nine: Detroit, MI - Cleveland, OH - Pittsburgh, PA
Today we make our way to Pittsburgh via Cleveland. During our comfort stop in Cleveland, try a Polish Boy. This iconic sandwich features grilled kielbasa sausage on a bun with barbecue sauce, coleslaw and chips. American roadside cuisine at its best! When we arrive in Pittsburgh, we'll take a ride on the 100-year-old Duquesne Incline. Once we reach the observation deck atop Mt. Washington, you'll be able to see the entire city and its three beautiful rivers.
- Stopover in Cleveland, OH. This city on the shores of Lake Erie is home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum.
- Ride on the Duquesne Incline. The Duquesne Incline is an inclined plane railroad that goes all the way up Mt. Washington and looks out over the Pittsburgh.
Accommodation: Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place or similar
Day Ten: Pittsburgh, PA - Washington, D.C.
The next stop is Washington DC. Travelling east, we reach the nation's capital and start exploring immediately. We visit Arlington Cemetery and the resting place of JFK. Once everyone has freshened up at the hotel, we set out again. The coach will take you on a tour of Washington's most famous landmarks. This includes sights like the White House, Washington Monument, the Pentagon and more!
- Visit Arlington Cemetery. Arlington Cemetery is hallowed ground. This is where the soldiers who lost their lives in American wars are honoured.
- See JFK's final resting place. John Fitzgerald "Jack" Kennedy was the 35th president of the United States and one of its best-loved public figures.
- Illumination tour of DC. See iconic landmarks like the Pentagon and Jefferson Memorial all lit up after dark.
Accommodation: Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Old Town or similar
Day Eleven: Washington, D.C. - Free day
Today you have the whole day to explore Washington. You could arrange a ticket to the Old Town trolley that takes visitors to all the major sights. Or you can go all out and purchase the Washington DC Explorer Pass. This value-added ticket gives you access to the Big Bus Hop-on Hop-off tour. Along the way you'll see the International Spy Museum, Madame Tussauds DC, the Capital Wheel and more! The Pass also includes bike and kayak rental if you feel like working up a sweat.
Day Twelve: Washington, D.C. - Philadelphia, PA - New York City, NY
Today is the last day of your Eastern US holiday, and we've saved the best for last. We wave Washington goodbye and make our way to New York via Philadelphia. We make a comfort stop at the Pennsylvania Convention Centre in the heart of downtown Philly. Here you can grab some lunch on the go and walk to the Liberty Bell Centre or Independence Hall. We then head to the Big Apple, where your tour concludes.
- Stopover in Philadelphia. Philly is Pennsylvania’s largest city and has a storied history. Our comfort stop takes place at the Pennsylvania Convention Centre. If you're quick, you can squeeze in a visit to the Liberty Bell Centre or Independence Hall.
Tour commences and concludes in New York City.
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the itinerary
About The Travel Warehouse:
The Travel Warehouse utilises their personal knowledge and experience to plan tours with you in mind. They continue to explore new places for you, theirr clients, and they won't sell a destination unless they've checked it out themselves. There is a range of new tours with more being loaded regularly, plus a few of your old favourites. Each tour is designed with you in mind. With their many years of travel experience, they've sorted out the hassles for you, so you don’t have to. Their first-hand destination knowledge helps to build fabulous group tour experiences that are hassle-free, informative and relaxing for you and you're invited to join one of these fabulous experiences.
About Tour 1:
Tour 1 guided coach tours are suitable for adults plus children from 12 years where accompanied by adults. Maximum tour size 48. Includes walking and other specified excursions. Other optional excursions available. Maximum luggage 20kgs for hold and 7kg as carry on.
Additional accommodation is available before and after your tour – on request and at additional cost.