About the course:
Tired of crash diets, and bland meals? This course does not punish a love of food. Instead, it’s about weight loss through creating healthy habits, that will lead to lasting change. Alter your approach to nutrition and improve your mental health under expert guidance.
This is designed to be followed as a six-week programme. You will understand what goes into your food, discover how to reduce your refined sugar intake and see the importance of drinking water in weight loss.
Weight loss and Wellbeing coach, Elaine Hilides has over ten years’ experience in this field. She brings her expertise to teach you healthy eating habits, how to balance your diet, and delicious recipes for you to try out.
Lose weight, without losing your appetite and improve your mental health and nutrition.
Welcome to The Course:
- Say hi and tell your fellow students why you're taking this course
- Share your new course with your friends
- Lecture one introduction
Week One Tips:
- Lecture two- Which but of your meal do you eat first?
- Lecture three- Do you miss having a snack?
- Lecture four- But I love the taste of chocolate and cake
- Lecture five: What can't you do with coconut oil
- Lecture six- Get your smartphone
- Lecture seven- Cacao nibs
- Lecture eight- A fist full of food
- E-book: Week one tips
Chapter One: Do you know how the food you're eating is making you fat?
- Lecture 10- What is causing your weight gain?
- Lecture 11- Why are trans fats so bad?
- Lecture 12- No, no I only eat natural food
- Lecture 13- So how do you avoid chemical additives?
- Lecture 14- Now we've taken things out of our diet- what can we put in?
- E-book- Do you know how the food you're eating is making you fat?
Week One Recipes
- Lecture 16- Bircher's Muesli
- Lecture 17- Vegetable Sushi Nori Rolls
- Lecture 18- Parsnip or Cauliflower Rice
- Lecture 19- Basil and Tomato Tart
- Lecture 20- Mushroom Stroganoff
- Lecture 21- Crispy Spinach Pie
- Lecture 22- Dairy Free Sugar-Free Pineapple Cheesecake
- E-Book- Week One Recipes
Week One Worksheet: Detox your kitchen
Week Two Tips
- Lecture 25- Are all Calories the Same?
- Lecture 26- What can Turmeric do for you?
- Lecture 27- I don't believe in Affirmations
- Lecture 28- Have you ever heard anyone say, "I could kill for a bowl of curly kale"?
- Lecture 29- Labels are for Tin Cans
- Lecture 30- Cinnamon
- Lecture 31- What is Dopamine?
- E-Book: Week Two Tips
Chapter Two: Are you a Food Addict?
- Lecture 33- Do you think that you're addicted to food?
- Lecture 34- And here's the scientific stuff
- Lecture 35- What addiction isn't!
- Lecture 36- I've got my mum's slow metabolism
- E-Book: Are you a Food Addict?
Week Two Recipes
- Lecture 38- Hummus and Rice pot
- Lecture 39- Leek and Potato soup
- Lecture 40- Falafel Burgers
- Lecture 41- Tomato Salsa
- Lecture 42- Guacamole
- Lecture 43- Banana, Strawberry and Chocolate Ice Cream
- Lecture 44- Chocolate Mousse
- E-Book: Week Two Tips
Week Two Worksheet: Your shopping list
Week Three Tips
- Lecture 47- What is on the Ingredients Label?
- Lecture 48- Fancy a TV Snack?
- Lecture 49- I need a chocolate biscuit because he's made me upset
- Lecture 50- What can Apple Cider Vinegar do?
- Lecture 51- What is a Waste?
- Lecture 52- Give your Nuts a good soak
- Lecture 53- How can Stress make you Fat?
- E-Book: Week Three Tips
Chapter Three: You're already sweet enough!
- Lecture 55- Isn't fat worse than sugar?
- Lecture 56-How is sugar affecting you?
- Lecture 57- How can you cut refined sugar out of your diet?
- Lecture 58- The good news is that you've cut out the baddies ......
- E-Book: You're already sweet enough!
Week Three Recipes
- Lecture 60- Super Salad Dressing
- Lecture 61- Broccoli soup
- Lecture 62- Dairy Free Creamy Pasta Sauce
- Lecture 63- Creamy Avocado Tagliatelle
- Lecture 64- Stuffed Peppers
- Lecture 65- Mushroom Pie
- Lecture 66- Pineapple and Mango Sorbet
- E-Book: Week Three Recipes
Week Three Worksheet: Vitamins - where you find them and why you need them
- Vitamins - where you find them and why you need them
Week Four Tips
- Lecture 69- But Diet Drinks are ok, aren't they?
- Lecture 70- I can't resist Bread
- Lecture 71- So What?
- Lecture 72- Should I eat Low Fat Foods?
- Lecture 73- Do you fall into a Food Coma?
- Lecture 74- Why a soak in the bath is good for you
- Lecture 75 -Why should I eat slowly?
- E-Book: Week Four Tips
Chapter Four: Have you got the guts?
- Lecture 77- What does your gut have to do with losing weight?
- Lecture 78- What's the immune system got to do with putting on weight?
- Lecture 79- Foods to help your immune system and gut flora
- Lecture 80- Fermented Food
- E-Book: Have you got the guts?
Week Four Recipes
- Lecture 82- Decadent Breakfast Bars
- Lecture 83- Carrot and Orange Soup
- Lecture 84- Best Bean Chilli
- Lecture 85- Raw Thai Pasta Sauce
- Lecture 86- Mushroom Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Lecture 88- Cashew Cream
- E-Book: Week Four Recipes
Week Four Worksheet: How to keep your Bowels Beaming
- How to keep your Bowels Beaming
Week Five Tips
- Lecture 91- Are you hungry? Are you sure?
- Lecture 92- Don't eat fruit as a Dessert
- Lecture 93- Eat with your eyes closed
- Lecture 94- Did you know Salt is fattening?
- Lecture 95- But I've paid for it
- Lecture 96- Star Fruit instead of Star Bar
- Lecture 97- I always eat when I'm stressed
- E-Book: Week Five Tips
Chapter Five: Why you're not a comfort eater
- Lecture 99- Why do you think that you want comfort food?
- Lecture 100- But you don't know what makes me sad
- Lecture 101- Food is neutral
- Lecture 102- Reach for the Happy Foods
- E-Book: Why you're not a comfort eater
Week Five Recipes
- Lecture 104- Lemon Pancakes
- Lecture 105- Apple Sauce
- Lecture 106- Mushroom and Lentil Burger
- Lecture 107- Homemade Coleslaw
- Lecture 108- Lentil Soup
- Lecture 109- Vegetable Paella
- Lecture 110- Apple Cake
- E-Book: Week Five Recipes
Week Five Worksheet: Minerals - where you find them and why you need them
- Minerals - where you find them and why you need them
Week Six Tips
- Lecture 113- Is that a Doughnut or a Lump of Fat?
- Lecture 114- Healthy skin from within
- Lecture 115- Where do you eat?
- Lecture 116- It doesn't hurt to have fast food, does it?
- Week Six Tips
- Lecture 117 How to get over the 3pm Slump
- Lecture 118 Your first drink of the day
- Lecture 119 Why Weight?
Chapter Six: How drinking water helps you to lose weight
- Lecture 121- I can lose weight with water?
- Lecture 122- I'll eat less if I drink water with a meal, won't I?
- Lecture 123- Are you a grape or a sultana?
- Lecture 124- Isn't lemon just for fish?
- Lecture 125- Cleaning up your liver
- E-Book: How drinking water helps you to lose weight
Week Six Recipes
- Lecture 127- Breakfast Muffins
- Lecture 128- The Best Sandwich Ever!
- Lecture 129- Potato Wedges
- Lecture 130- Tomato Soup
- Lecture 131- Caribbean Stew
- Lecture 132- Stir Fry with Healthy Fried Rice
- Lecture 133- Chocolate Fudge Bites
- E-Book: Week Six Recipes
Week Six Worksheet:
- Juice recipes
- Infused water
About OfCourse Learning:
OfCourse Learning is a lifestyle and self-improvement online learning platform. They cater for a variety of needs from well-being courses such as CBT and NLP to career based courses covering relevant topics for personal assistants and human resource employees. They also carry a good selection of hobby style courses such as music, art and many more.
All of the courses are video led, with supplementary PDF material and the majority include multiple choice assessments. Once a purchase has been made you will receive instant unlimited access to the course, tutor and other fellow students via the course forum. An automatically generated certificate will be awarded on completion of any of their courses.