- This is an easy day trip from Auckland to both the Hobbiton movie set and the Good George Brewery in Hamilton – the Brewery who make the exclusive beer for the Green Dragon at Hobbiton.
- The day includes a fully guided tour of the Hobbiton set as well as a tour and tasting at the Good George Brewery – find out how they make the beer for Hobbiton.
- Their experienced guides look after you all day from pick up to drop off in Auckland City Centre. They will talk on the way down giving insights into the areas you are travelling through and background to the movie set you are visiting.
- On the way down to Hobbiton there is a brief stop at a local cafe in case you want to buy some local baking or a coffee (or as we like to call it a ‘second breakfast’)
- Your Hobbiton tour guide will take you down to the movie set where they take you on a walking tour around the 44 Hobbit holes. You will get the chance to have a photo in the doorway of a Hobbit house, see the Party Tree and stand by the gate to Bilbo’s house ‘Bag End’ overlooking the whole set to the hills in the distance. You cross the bridge by the mill to go into the Green Dragon Inn where you can enjoy a complimentary ale, cider or ginger beer.
- After you leave the Green Dragon you finish off your tour and join your Bush and Beach guide to head over to the Good George brewery in Hamilton.
- At the Good George you will get a tour to find out how they make their fantastic beers and also get a tasting and a delicious pizza. You will have some time to spend at the Good George before heading back up to Auckland City.
Grab a Hobbiton and Hop ride pass thanks to Bush and Beach 2013 Ltd.
Choose from four options:
- $224 for one person
- $448 for two people
- $672 for three people
- $896 for four people